Question 5 short beeps/red light ON permanently, and no signal on monitor

Feb 11, 2021
Hey everyone first of all english is not my native tongue so i'll do my best to be comprehensive.

I bought a brand new pc on november with that setup: CPU: i7 10700k/GPU: zotac trinity rtx 3080/RAM: 16gb 3000MHZ/ 1 to ssd nvme + 1 hdd/ motherboard: Z490 Aorus gygabyte elite AC
2 monitor was plugged to my GPU the main with Displayport and the secondary monitor with hdmi
i got it received on early december, and after less than a month i got a blackscreen while loading a League of Legends game, then i had to restart the PC to finally play the game, i started a new League of Legends game and got the blackscreen once again on both monitors, tried to get the signal back by switching off/on the monitor... without sucess, so i had to hard restart my pc; at this point i could have been able to play RDR2 for 100 hours in full ultra setting without any issues so i got kinda surprised.
Then after a third crash when i launched RDR2 (5 minutes or less in game) i got blackscreens on both of my monitor... and when my pc restarted, i had no signal on any of my monitor directly when my PC starte which was a new issue.
I tried many thing to get the signal back and i found one thing that "solved" that problem, is to plug my main monitor to my CPU graphic chipset (via hdmi), and my monitor was able to get a signal, and i could use my pc but ofc couldn't longer play any games (rdr2 for example since my rtx 3080 wasn"t enabled anymore...)

I contacted my PC compagny support to informs them about my problem, and i told them it was as i guessed, the GPU.
So after a month of waiting to get a new GPU, i got it delivered today, i've installed it in my case and at the first start with it, i got the same problem back (5 short beeps/red light that stay permanently + no signal on my monitor)

example of the 5 beeps sound (same as in this video it's not me btw):
View: https://youtu.be/AbvGBIf8ei4?t=370

screen of the red light that is permanently ON: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2020/53/1/1609172402-16091723296254815429921658705126.jpg

normally the red light pops for a sec at the PC's starting and that's it with 1 beep
I think the red light is vga light.

So if anyone could help me with this issue? , im at on a situation where i don't know what i should do now, i did use my pc 100% working for not even a full month, and i waited 2 months between getting it and getting a new GPU which seems to not have been the issue.

I've tried to enable/disable CSM in Bios, and nothing new happened, still stuck with that blackscreen when im connecting monitor to GPU ports

Feb 11, 2021
What power supply are you using?

hey man,
im using this PSU: CORSAIR 750 W RMx SERIES™ 80 PLUS GOLD,

when the first blackscreen happened, i did use my integrated graphic intel uhd from CPU i7 10700k, so i could get signal back etc, i thought it was the GPU, i send it back, i 've received a new one, yesterday, was hoping to finally be able to use my PC, after a month of patience and it looks like it is the exact problem like it haven't changed anything.
when PC is booting, there is no more than 1 beep and red light ON if i plug my monitor to hdmi port from the motherboard but if i boot my pc with the hdmi plugged to GPU port i get 5 beeps/redlight the VGA one permanentlly Lightened with my monitor telling me "no signal, going to sleep mode soon" but i can login to my windows session (blind mode) everything working fine, it is just there is no signal.
BTW the problem as i said, went progressive, when i had the previous GPU, it started on games lauching (league of legends and RDR2 are the game i tested) i did 100h on RDR2 without issues, then after many forced reboot because of the lost signal, it went beeping 5 times and no signal at the start

Last edited:
hey man,
im using this PSU: CORSAIR 750 W RMx SERIES™ 80 PLUS GOLD,
I'm running one of those.....and I would think it would be enough.
Do you have two 8 pin plugs pugged into the GPU with no funky adapters?
Many times if you get a black screen starting a game it can be the PSU or a power issue...like you are using adapters.
If you have both 8 pin plugs plugged in....the next thing I might do is uninstall and reinstall the GPU driver.

Feb 11, 2021
I'm running one of those.....and I would think it would be enough.
Do you have two 8 pin plugs pugged into the GPU with no funky adapters?
Many times if you get a black screen starting a game it can be the PSU or a power issue...like you are using adapters.
If you have both 8 pin plugs plugged in....the next thing I might do is uninstall and reinstall the GPU driver.

750w should be enough from what i remembered to get as infos,
im not quite sure what two 8 pin plugs pugged into the GPU with no funky adapters are tho
When the first issue appeared with blackscreen in game, i was plugged with DP 1.4 cable for my main monitor and hdmi 2.0 for my second monitor, both plugged on my GPU ports

750w should be enough from what i remembered to get as infos,
im not quite sure what two 8 pin plugs pugged into the GPU with no funky adapters are tho
When the first issue appeared with blackscreen in game, i was plugged with DP 1.4 cable for my main monitor and hdmi 2.0 for my second monitor, both plugged on my GPU ports
OK.....but inside the PC (you may have to open the case....and I would power down before I did this)....inside the PC.....you will see the GPU.

There should be two 8 pin plugs in the GPU coming from the power supply.

If there is only one...of if there are splitters or adapters used....then this might be your problem.

Feb 11, 2021
i'll send you some pics on my pc and the cable from the graphic card box that i've received but didn't changed if you don't mind
Oh sure i get it
thanks btw for helping me

i'll send you some pics on my pc and the cable from the graphic card box that i've received but didn't changed if you don't mind
Oh sure i get it
thanks btw for helping me
Sure....but I gotta fly (time to leave work)....so I won't be around for a while. If you want advice quick....make another post. Ideally you want two separate groups of cables going from the power supply to the gpu.....no splitters.

EDIT: Each group should have an 8 pin plug on the end. two groups....two plugs.

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
[/QUOTE]

Each card's plug must be filled with connectors - no vacant plugs.

Also, I was following the thread, doesn't 5 beeps mean it's a processor or Mobo failure?

Feb 11, 2021

Each card's plug must be filled with connectors - no vacant plugs.

Also, I was following the thread, doesn't 5 beeps mean it's a processor or Mobo failure?
[/QUOTE]

yep i'll put a picture but i can tell you it's 6+2ping x2, all plugged on my GPU, i plugged it the same way as it was before on my last GPU when i received my PC

Feb 11, 2021
the big strange part is that my issue went not immedialty, it was progressive, at the start it was blackscreen 5 min in a game like a big graphic needy game (RDR2), on League of legends my screens went both black, and i could reboot pc and get back to the game without any other blackscreen in that same match
but on RdR2 i remember i got blackscreen for 2 min in game everytime, days before i had no problems i did 100hours in game.
So after 2 days, i plugged the main monitor on chipset graphic (hdmi motherboard port) and i could be able to get a signal on screen and a normal booting but since my gpu wasn't connected to any monitor, i could say goodbye playing RdR2 for example.
I basically thought it was the GPU dying slowly and died completly when i got thos 5 beeps when the pc booting with no signal when monitors plugged to GPU ports, i did try to plug one to the motherboard and keep one plugged to GPU port but since GPU is the priority of image connection i couldn't get an image on the monitor connected to motherboard port.

I thought getting a new GPU would remove the problem and get my pc like i had for 3 weeks, and after installing it with that cables etc, first booting with the new rtx 3080 and same problem appeared, kinda went sad.

Im not an expert in hardware but i find it weird that i can actually use my PC correctly by plugging monitor via hdmi port from motherboard, i can play some low graphic games without any blackscreen/blue/crash, my system boot in 4 sec etc, but impossible if i plug to GPU ports i just lost signal on monitor immedialty and meanwhile my pc is still running good like nothing happened.
BTW if i boot my PC with monitor plugged via hdmi port from motherboard and when im in my windows session i want to plug the monitor to GPU ports, my motherboard doesn't beeps or show any redlight, it only does if i boot the pc with monitor plugged to GPU port.

Feb 11, 2021
Something is definitely funky. Could it be the mobo? What if the mobo is not detecting the error correctly too? He did mention the 1 beep when connected directly.

yep when eveything is correct it beeps 1 time, when i got that pc, it was doing that, and if monitor plugged direclty to motherboard hdmi port (cpu integrated graphic system) i get that single beep and no permanent red lighting.
My bios is in version F3 btw

TRENDING THREADS