Question 5 Short Beeps when I boot my PC ?

respeccbanana

Honorable
Feb 1, 2019
Hey, recently when I turn on my PC I'm given 5 quick short beeps and after that the PC boots normally. Yesterday while I was playing my PC made a one short beep noise and continued like nothing happened. I don't know if this is related but when I play more demanding games my PC completly shuts down when CPU and GPU reach about 65 degress celsius. Cooling on my PC should be good as it is not a stock cooler and my GPU has three fans on it too.

PC Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte A620M Gaming X
CPU: Ryzen 5 7600X
GPU: Rtx 3060 Ti Gigabyte
RAM: 8x2 Hyper Fury
PSU: Corsair CV550, 550W, 80+ Bronze ATX

Aug 28, 2023
Go to the website of your motherboard manufacturer and check their beep codes (for the 5 beeps at boot).

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
I don't know if this is related but when I play more demanding games my PC completly shuts down when CPU and GPU reach about 65 degress celsius
I don't think its a temperature issue, rather a power issue. The 550W PSU on that system may be struggling to provide the power needed, thus shutting down. Even if it worked fine earlier, due to aging of the PSU, it gets weak. So how old is the PSU?

5 short beeps in your motherboard typically means a CPU not present, but since it goes away and boots fine, I don't think its an issue.

Things you could try;
  • Update BIOS to the latest version here | guide
  • Reseat the RAM and CPU. (first do RAM)
  • Checking for loose connections