[SOLVED] 500$ Gaming PC Hardware

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ThemegaHG

Prominent
Mar 26, 2019
So, I want a new pc badly, my parents are against it but since I'm spending my own money, they will limit me to 1 hour but I do not really care. So my budget is 500$.

I think that a Ryzen 5 1600 pared with a RX 570 4gb would be nice? 8gb's of ram as that's all I can afford rn.
and an ssd but I don't know any cases
If you have any recommendations please tell! red/black theme, I just want good cooling, at or under 50$ please.

The Games Id like to run 1080p high settings preferably 60FPS.
Watch Dogs 2, JC3, Heroes and Generals, War Thunder, and others when I get some.

My first dilemma is The graphics card. I though the RX 570 4GB would be enough for playing and of those given games, but I like to have chrome open to listen to usually 1 video In the background, so should I get the RX 570 8GB instead to allocate more ram to other background program(s)? would 8gb be enough even in general or would the 4gb vram compensate to allow for slight multitasking?

And when people say that the cpu loves fast ram, How fast? and what difference does it make? can I get 2144 ram or 2666, and what would change?

Also Im planning on upgrading SO, In 3-4 years I can upgrade almost any part of this pc. So If I got the RX 570 (please tell me witch one is best, and If 8gb is better or not for my 1080p needs) with the 5 1600, with whatever ram based off of your replies, Would It all be worth it and be able to run the games I recommended at that res and that FPS?

ThemegaHG

Prominent
Mar 26, 2019
Do you think I could just get the Non RGB fans and some red RGB ram? and I think the graphics card is RGB slightly?

And if I got say 65 fps on heroes and gernerals almost max setting with this thing, would it cause tearing becasue its not at the monitors refresh rate?

WildCard999

Titan
Do you think I could just get the Non RGB fans and some red RGB ram? and I think the graphics card is RGB slightly?

And if I got say 65 fps on heroes and gernerals almost max setting with this thing, would it cause tearing becasue its not at the monitors refresh rate?
I don't think the GPU is RGB and performance is more important then aesthetics.

So Freesync has a range in which it'll keep FPS smooth, most Freesync monitors go from 48 to the max of the monitor so as long as your getting let's say from 55-75hz it'll still be pretty smooth.

WildCard999

Titan
Freesync has to be turned on via AMD's software & the monitor, at least from my experience.

Driver's explained.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-aRlwLI-b0

Windows 10 needs to be installed via USB Flash drive, when it asks for a key there's an option to skip it for now. The biggest difference between activated Windows and inactive Windows is personalization, you lose some stuff but you get all the important updates and security. The only real downside to inactivated Windows is the Activate Windows on the bottom right of your screen.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Either RGB or standard fans, any will work in that build but to have something fairly quiet I'd recommed fans that are under 30 dbA so they aren't too loud and above 40 CFM for good airflow.

ThemegaHG

Prominent
Mar 26, 2019
Alright

So I think It would be alright to go all RGB because I really have a horrible indecisive mind. I guess all or nothing? I'm probably going to keep the White and black non-RGB RAM. Do you have any recommendations?? (on top of the billions of other amazing ones you already made lol)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JQ3QJ8

(Also, Any Mousepad, {and maby keyboard and mouse and {{And maby even headphone}}} Recommendations?)

WildCard999

Titan
Mousepad I have no idea as I haven't used one in like 10 years although those full sized ones that at like a couple of feet long seem pretty nice.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Keyboard: Cooler Master - Lite L Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($55.85 @ OutletPC)
Headphones: Corsair - VOID PRO Surround (Black) 7.1 Channel Headset ($49.99 @ Newegg Business)
Total: $105.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-02 08:12 EDT-0400

WildCard999

Titan
Okay! Thank you so much again and 1 FINAL question (again)

Do you think the PC will hold up (3-4 years) and I can run modern games well?
With CPU overclocking it should last a couple of years but we don't know what the future holds for gaming requirements. While I'm not entirely sure I've heard that AMD is coming out with a 4th Gen Ryzen (3rd gen releasing in July *rumor) which would work on the AM4 platform so if the 1600 doesn't have the best performance by then at least you'd be able to upgrade without having to change the motherboard.

ThemegaHG

Prominent
Mar 26, 2019
OKAY.

Actually, thank you so so so much because I probably wouldn't even think about getting one if it wasn't for you because I've been looking for 2 years and I'm really bad at decision making but I think I'm ready!! I will look up tutorials and other things for the rest of my problems.

Have a happy rest of you're life! :)

:salute:

Reactions: WildCard999

ThemegaHG

Prominent
Mar 26, 2019
Hey, Incredibly sorry to reply again, but now that Im building it im running into some problems.

The USD 3.0 has bent looking pins? im not shure if thats intentional or what but.... yea.

The 24 PIN power cable wont do the little snap thing that makes it really secure.

I orderd 4 Fans as in the build, but where the heck do I put them?? The manual says nothing and Ive checked every manual.

and How the heck would I get 4 cables connected? I dont even see that many spaces?

Also I forgot to install motherboard standoffs before installing mobo but Its kinda slightly off the metal so is it okay? and are thoes extra motherboard standoffs just for bigger mobos?

Thanks!!!

WildCard999

Titan
Case fans should be setup like this.
fLCMUxj.png

Show me a pic of the USB 3.0 pins.

Also the 24-Pin.

For the fans you'd probably need to use PWM fan splitters or a fan hub.

Install only the standoffs required for the board, and yes you usually do get more for larger boards. Make sure each standoff corresponds with a hole on the motherboard.