590 vs Mars II

amconnection

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hello,

Do I go with two Liquid cooled GTX 590’s or One Mars II…
Mars would be cheaper.
Its funny that everyone is comparing them…But if you doubled up the 590 like the 580 it would win…Having two cards in one slot is the great bonus…but would the power draw, noise and heat weigh more then performance?…

2) EVGA Liquid Cooling NVIDIA GTX Series PCIe Video (EVGA Liquid Cooling NVIDIA GTX 590 Classified Hydro Copper 3GB 16X GDDR5 VRAM)

OR

1)Asus Mars II Limited Edition Dual GeForce GTX 580 GPU SLI 3GB 16X PCIe Video Card

Thanks guys...

Solution
amconnection,

Realistically, the Mars II is more of a collector's item than a legitimate solution. Granted it is a very impressive card, however its performance benefits do not warrant the $1500 Price tag. With that liquid cooled 590, you would likely be able to match the clock speeds of the Mars II without much trouble, and probably go even higher.

I really doubt you are doing anything that would require 2 590s

blade061188

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
amconnection,

Realistically, the Mars II is more of a collector's item than a legitimate solution. Granted it is a very impressive card, however its performance benefits do not warrant the $1500 Price tag. With that liquid cooled 590, you would likely be able to match the clock speeds of the Mars II without much trouble, and probably go even higher.

I really doubt you are doing anything that would require 2 590s

Solution

amconnection

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

Blade,
Its probably an over kill...Going with Man's golden rule of life, "No matter how big you are, its always nice to have a couple more inches"...LOL

I just figured having two would solve any future upgrades down the line...which could be 6 month to a year LOL...Now that I'm forced to think about it...Waiting and picking up another one cheaper in 6 months would be smarter...Thanks, Blade

blade061188

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
I just figured having two would solve any future upgrades down the line...which could be 6 month to a year LOL...Now that I'm forced to think about it...Waiting and picking up another one cheaper in 6 months would be smarter...Thanks, Blade

No Problem. Yea, if you have one 590 now, you will be set to handle anything out right now. And if you need another one in 6 months, it will likely be cheaper than it is now.