Question 5G Adapter for Brother HL-L6250DW Printer ?

Oct 11, 2023
We just purchased some Brother HL-L6250DW printers. They operate on 2.4 GHz wireless. Our Network only supports 5G. Is there an adapter we can use to allow these printers to connect to 5G?

Mr.Tibbs

Commendable
Oct 22, 2021
Same problem with my MFC-L2750 Brother printer. I tried to connect and it was not there with my new WiFi6 Router Modem as it was working just fine with the original WiFi5 Router Modem. Network not detected, when configuring the new WiFi6 connection.
When I went to switch over to only WiFi 2.4G network, the router I signed onto did not reset and I was without an internet connection until I reset my Router to factory settings and WiFi 5G, again.
Too frustrating, so I sent away for a cable connection and will now set it up not to depend on WiFi. If we take account of our valuable time, I spent all day Sunday attempting to get it to work with WiFi6. Not worth the time spent to attempt more than that.

Ralston18

Titan
Are there specific reasons for using wireless printers?

How many printers? Heavy/constant use expected?

Environment?

Is it at all viable to use wired printer connections for some, if not all, of the printers?

Overall, more information needed.

Mr.Tibbs

Commendable
Oct 22, 2021
802.11b/g/n network is WiFi 4. That is what the Brother printer is
advertising. A Brother HL-L6250dw boasts of this WiFi.

2.4GHz is good and no errors through a WiFi connection.

If a earthnet cable is put between the printer & router then the router can connect accross the room to the WiFi dongle on each computer.
The problem is the connectivity between the router & printer. The Brother printer 802.11b/g/n is not being detected by the router modem, but it seems as though it should.

No way to update the Brother printers WiFi from WiFi 4. If there was a way then that would be the cure.

My WiFi 6 has been a problem with WiFi 6 "driver-less" dongles, they have yet to work at all. I wasted my money sending away for them.
Maybe the WiFi 6 and not WiFi 5.

kanewolf

Titan
We just purchased some Brother HL-L6250DW printers. They operate on 2.4 GHz wireless. Our Network only supports 5G. Is there an adapter we can use to allow these printers to connect to 5G?
To answer your basic question, probably NOT. Why? Because the software loaded on the printer has limited device support to make it as small and secure as possible.
That printer does have a wired ethernet port. That would be the best method to connect the printers.

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
I’m not sure why you say your network is only 5Ghz. I have a Brother MFC-L2700DW, having access to the 2.4 band and it connects to my WiFi 6 router without issue.
I suggest that when you install the Brother software, do it via a USB install and not the WiFi route. I can’t tell you why, only that it worked for me. After install just enable wifi via the Brother operator panel pushbutton. You won’t need the USB cable after that unless you want to direct print from the software install pc. And BTW, make sure you run Brother’s uninstaller software, not the resident one.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS