Question 60hz monitor causes 144hz monitor to lag during gaming

Mar 31, 2020
Hey, I have this problem where when I go to play a game on my 144hz monitor and I have a video or my stream open on my second monitor, it makes my main monitor drop in hz (mainly to match the 60hz the second monitor gives out), I never drop under 144 frames but I feel this lag that i receive from my 144hz monitor. I felt like I have tried everything to solve this issue and I dont know if there is a specific solution to this problem but my friend has a dual monitor setup which is a 60hz and a 144hz just like mine, but he never gets this problem. My friends 144hz monitor is AOC G2460PG and his 60hz is Dell P2314T
My 144hz monitor is a Acer XF240H and my 60hz is a HP VH240a
Pc Specs :
Geforce RTX 2080ti
i7-9700k
16gb 3200mhz ddr4 ram

Mar 31, 2020
Okay, I have been doing a lot of observing as to why my 144 hz monitor tries to match my 60hz monitor. It only happens when I open OBS and play games. I can have a full youtube video running and my monitor will make my game feel smooth while playing it, but once I open up a broadcasting software, it seems to cause the lag in my monitor. I downloaded SLOBS to see if it was OBS's fault, but the same problem occured

angvil

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2013
Bro did you manage to fix this?
Okay, I have been doing a lot of observing as to why my 144 hz monitor tries to match my 60hz monitor. It only happens when I open OBS and play games. I can have a full youtube video running and my monitor will make my game feel smooth while playing it, but once I open up a broadcasting software, it seems to cause the lag in my monitor. I downloaded SLOBS to see if it was OBS's fault, but the same problem occured