60x drivers

Richard Dower wrote:
> How long more??

If it follows the pattern we've seen in the past year or so, it'll be at
one of 2 junctures: Doom 3 or GF6800U on shelves. Incidentally both
are expected at the exact same time. June.

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:31:24 +0100, "Richard Dower"
<richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote:

>How long more??

Probably after the 6800 ships. The 60 series drivers
include support for the 6800. They are not particularly
intended to enhance performance on the the current
boards, although they will support them fully.

Use 56.72. I fact, I would not be at all surprised
if another official 56.xx driver or two was released
in the interim before 6800 is available for sale.

John Lewis

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:28:11 GMT, "John Lynch, Jr."
<nospammers_jlynch@se.rr.com> wrote:

>"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> How long more??
>>

>Official nVidia reerence set, non-WHQL, available at
>http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=774

They are not nVidia official until they appear on nVidia's
web site. Guru3D publishes leaked drivers and drivers
released into the wild by some of nVidia's board
partners such as eVGa.

60.72 is the driver that the 6800 reviewers are using.
How well it works with non-6800 cards is unlikely to be
very important to nVidia, so if you use it and find that
something is wrong, please state the problem , but do
not complain. No doubt, nVidia will check the driver
released at the same time as the 6800 hits retail for
backward compatibilty with the previous families, but
their focus with 60.72 was on the 6800.

The latest official driver is 56.72_WHQL (WinXP)

John Lewis

John Lewis

>60.72 is the driver that the 6800 reviewers are using.
>How well it works with non-6800 cards is unlikely to be
>very important to nVidia

YEAH I'm sure Nvidia won't care if the driver is backward compatible. That's
not very important, right? How important is it gonna be? About as important
as it is that 5xxx drivers work with Ti series cards. You could say that the
focus of the driver is on the 6800 cards, but to say that it's "unlikey to be
very important" to Nvidia is just pure BS.