64-bit or 32-bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
At this point there is no reason not to get a 64-bit OS which allows you to access more than 4GB of RAM.

Regarding the above comment. Building you own PC is not for everyone especially if you do not have the time or the inclination to do it yourself. Purchasing a prebuilt PC means you also get tech support and limited warranty from a single vendor rather than the vendors of each individual component.

officialexpert

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014
424919_140125220451_Windows-7-64-Bit.gif

brado380

Honorable
May 26, 2013

So 64 bit?

At this point there is no reason not to get a 64-bit OS which allows you to access more than 4GB of RAM.

Regarding the above comment. Building you own PC is not for everyone especially if you do not have the time or the inclination to do it yourself. Purchasing a prebuilt PC means you also get tech support and limited warranty from a single vendor rather than the vendors of each individual component.

Solution

brado380

Honorable
May 26, 2013

Yes. I'd much rather get a prebuilt because I feel I'll break it if I try myself aha

64 for sure, but if you're unsure you can use the same licence to install both.

The only reason to use a 32 bit version of Windows is if you have some legacy 16 bit software that absolutely cannot be emulated or run through a virtual machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.