Question 6600 XT not reaching full clock speeds ?

Jan 18, 2022
I use Radeon software to OC my card for mining but the memory always stays 10-12mhz under what I set it at and the core clock about 3mhz under. Does anyone know why? Also, the voltage always stays at 662mv despite being set to 765 which might play a role in this. CClock at 1250mhz currently and MClock at 2100mhz, fast timing enabled.

May 21, 2021
The memory frequency is perfectly normal, my 6900xt also exhibits that behavior. It’s all in AMD’s firmware. The voltage problem I believe is a driver issue where it doesn’t report the true voltage so your voltage setting is being respected

Clock generators will always have some amount of drift and software based clock counting methods are never precise. Unless it's off target by say 2-3% or higher, it's nothing to worry about.
In Radeon software, it can be way more than 2-3%.
There's some complex math behind core/VRAM boosting when using their software. E.g. I've got my core set at 2600MHz but it's regularly anywhere between 2450MHz and 2600MHz, depending on what I'm playing.

In Radeon software, it can be way more than 2-3%.
There's some complex math behind core/VRAM boosting when using their software. E.g. I've got my core set at 2600MHz but it's regularly anywhere between 2450MHz and 2600MHz, depending on what I'm playing.
Well I should add if the part is appearing to operate at the target frequency but isn't exactly on the target frequency, then one shouldn't really worry about it unless it's off by 2-3%. But this requires also knowing what the clock inputs are, which we don't get on a video card

If it's not meeting the target frequency period, then something else is holding it back.

In any case, I've seen people freaking out that there's something wrong with their part when they set a target frequency of say 2,000 MHz but the reported frequency is something like 1,995 MHz

Reactions: alceryes
Well I should add if the part is appearing to operate at the target frequency but isn't exactly on the target frequency, then one shouldn't really worry about it unless it's off by 2-3%. But this requires also knowing what the clock inputs are, which we don't get on a video card

If it's not meeting the target frequency period, then something else is holding it back.

In any case, I've seen people freaking out that there's something wrong with their part when they set a target frequency of say 2,000 MHz but the reported frequency is something like 1,995 MHz
Yup, no need to freak out if you're within spitting distance of a locked frequency.

But the Radeon software seems to take your MHz setting as a 'suggestion' more than anything else. In some games that push the card harder it does get very close to the 2600MHz I have it set at. In other less stressful titles, it's happy not even going above 2500MHz.
I'm not delving into MPT yet as nothing I run comes close to taking me below the FPS that I'm happy with and I'm still treating this card with kid gloves so ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯.