Question 6900 XT crashing during gameplay ?

Jun 3, 2022
Specs:

Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
1000W Dark power 12
16gig 3600mhz corsair vengeance, had 32gb before but they died out of nowhere.
Sapphire Nitro+ 6900xt

I ran a bench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/53005694

I'm gonna re-clock my ram for now, I'm not sure what to do with the rest that performs below average. Any tips or help?

AC Valhalla crashes at high settings even though I should be able to play on ultra or at least very high. Crashes din DL2 as well on mid settings, same with Watch Dogs Legion. When it crashes the Radeon software pops up the typical "Send crash report bla bla"

Radeon Ver: 21.8.2

Clock setts: View: https://imgur.com/a/ZRmxpaZ

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? Can you elaborate on this;
I'm gonna re-clock my ram for now
?

Am I right to assume you're on BIOS version F11? As for your OS, what version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap.../amd-radeon-6900-series/amd-radeon-rx-6900-xt
^ use DDU to rid your platform of GPU drivers, manually download and install the latest GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator

Jun 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? Can you elaborate on this;
I'm gonna re-clock my ram for now
?

Am I right to assume you're on BIOS version F11? As for your OS, what version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with?

Thank you :D

I checked my clock settings for my ram which was sat at like 2133mhz, which is due to the fact that slot B1 and 2 are dead.(my plan was to change that to 3600mhz since I saw it had changed back to 2133mhz but couldn't get that to work) I'm on BIOS F11 and windows 10. PSU is about 4 months old.

Is the driver crashing or is the entire system crashing?

I know if you overclock the GPU at all with AMD software and your system crashes for something unrelated to the GPU, like if you ram was unstable or bad, the next time Windows boots up you will see that message from AMD that it reset back to defaults.

I suggest that you reset everything back to defaults in the AMD control panel, play the games it crashes on and see if it crashes and report back.

Also I see you have had ram or the slots die, Are you using the same 2 Corsair sticks, if you are using a different kit, reset your bios back to defaults and make sure you enable the resizable bar in bios and test again, see if it crashes.

Good luck!

Jun 3, 2022
Is the driver crashing or is the entire system crashing?

I know if you overclock the GPU at all with AMD software and your system crashes for something unrelated to the GPU, like if you ram was unstable or bad, the next time Windows boots up you will see that message from AMD that it reset back to defaults.

I suggest that you reset everything back to defaults in the AMD control panel, play the games it crashes on and see if it crashes and report back.

Also I see you have had ram or the slots die, Are you using the same 2 Corsair sticks, if you are using a different kit, reset your bios back to defaults and make sure you enable the resizable bar in bios and test again, see if it crashes.

Good luck!

It's the game that's crashing along with a radeon crash report. I've tried playing without the OC on the newest and it still crashes in AC Valhalla even though I'm not on maxed settings. It performs around average at 60-80fps at high settings. Where I should at least be able to play at very high or ultra.

I'm using the same 2 Corsair sticks. I've got reziable bar on!

TRENDING THREADS