700GR Gateway need Motherboard doc

I have a 700 GR Desktop. It is a fine PC but support seems poor. Sandra
diagnostics say I have an Intel D915GSE motherboard. Gateway has a picture
but does not state the Intel model. My Gateway Restore DVD has the wrong
motherboard documentation. It is for a D915GAV/D915GAG motherboard. Gateway
techs say the book is forr all motherboards. Except for the layout, LAN,
Sound, PCI slots, PCI Express slots and a few other things, they may be
right. Intel says they are not responsable. (I agree) Does anyone know where
I could download a motherboard manual that would work for my board?
TIA
Jan

Bruce

Jan,

Gateway's board can be thought of as an Intel board with a special
options package not offered in the normal retail Intel board. Therefor,
Sandra can't quite properly identify it and the Intel documentation,
though excellent, does not quite fit. Unfortunately the Gateway
documentation is generalized to fit many boards and Gateway is not
interested in providing details to support upgrades and mods in the way
you might want. Barring a more detailed manual from Gateway, the best
you may be able to do is read both the Intel and Gateway documentation
and make some educated guesses as to which Intel options you have.

Jan & Vic wrote:

> I have a 700 GR Desktop. It is a fine PC but support seems poor. Sandra
> diagnostics say I have an Intel D915GSE motherboard. Gateway has a picture
> but does not state the Intel model. My Gateway Restore DVD has the wrong
> motherboard documentation. It is for a D915GAV/D915GAG motherboard. Gateway
> techs say the book is forr all motherboards. Except for the layout, LAN,
> Sound, PCI slots, PCI Express slots and a few other things, they may be
> right. Intel says they are not responsable. (I agree) Does anyone know where
> I could download a motherboard manual that would work for my board?
> TIA
> Jan

Webster

Anything here? http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/apac/eng/170158.htm