Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
First I list my specs.

Mobo-Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
Proc- Intel Core 2 Duo 6400
Ram-3gb DualChannel Corsair XMS2
PSU- HIPER HPU-4B580-MS 580W ATX12V v2.2
Video- GIGABYTE GV-NX76T256D-RH GeForce 7600GT Silent Pipe

So I'm getting these random restarts quite frequently lately and I can't seem to figure out why. I've never had this problem before and something tells me it's a GFX card issue. The problem happens when I alt tab out of WoW, as soon as I let go of tab and it goes to switch to mozilla or ventrillo it just restarts my computer. On rare occasions it happens when I click a link in mozilla or open a new program. But, WoW is almost always running when it happens even if its minimized.
I ran registry mechanic and AVG and though they found a few little things here and there it has not solved my problem.
I used to use Omega Drivers but, it doesn't seem that the owner of the site is keeping up to date anymore.
It never happened when I used his drivers so I suppose I could re download his and use them but, I like to be as up to date as possible and I'm not positive that would fix it.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
Usually I'd say power supply but because it happens at an exact point in an application, my main suspect is software not hardware. If your psu was starting to go out the restarts would be more random.

Time to run some memory test and Prime 95. Stress your hardware and see if there's a weak link.

frenetic tranquility

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
I had the same problem with my 7600gt from evga, and I think it might be due to blown capacitors - at least mine has 2 blown out and it restarts like crazy. Check the caps and see if they are leaking out. But honestly I can't say for sure that's the reason, as apparently video cards can run with blown capacitors for quite some time.