[SOLVED] 7700k bottlenecking Rtx 2080 ti??

Mar 15, 2019
Hey all. I recently upgraded my rigs gpu to an Rtx 2080 ti from a 1080 strix. My current rig consists of:
Asus Prime Z270-A Motherboard
i7 7700k Cpu
16gb DDR4 Corsair Vengance Ram
750W Psu
Rtx 2080 ti
I am using an Alienware Ultrawide 34’ monitor to game at 3440x1440. The monitor is overclocked to 120hz. In many games I am experiencing 80-90% Cpu usage and around 75 - 85% gpu usage. I play Battlefield V, Anthem, Witcher 3 etc. I am experiencing 60-65 fps in these games which I don’t think is right. I tried overclocking my cpu to 5.0 ghz and it helped very little. Is it looking like I should be upgrading my motherboard and Cpu or could the issue be related to something else? I’d greatly appreciate anyones insight on my issues. Thanks

Solution
This is the easiest problem in the world to solve,just lower your resolution and graphics settings in game.
If the FPS stays where it is your CPU is holding back your FPS.
If the FPS go up the 2080ti is not enough for 1440/120hz. (at least not at the settings you are using)

Your overclock not having much of a result would point to the second option.
This is the easiest problem in the world to solve,just lower your resolution and graphics settings in game.
If the FPS go up the 2080ti is not enough for 1440/120hz. (at least not at the settings you are using)

Solution
Mar 15, 2019

Thank you for the reply. I am going to try lowering settings and see what happens.