Apr 6, 2011
hi guys i think i need help!!!

PC spec:

i5 4670k (stock)
2x Asus 7950 DirectCU2 v2 (stock)
Asus Z86-A MB
Ripjaw x 1600mhz 8GB Ram

Driver AMD 15.4 bata

Ok this is my first time crossfiring (got my second 7950 out of my friends PC :D ) and so far i've only tried GTA 5 and Witcher 3 and the performance is not as i expected... :weep:

with a single card my fps is around 57fps in GTA5 @ 99% GPU usage according AfterBuner, and with crossfire frames are at at 65fps GPU1 @ 63% and GPU2 @ 45%.

Witcher 3 is worst with crossfrire on with random flickers and artifacts and no proformance gains.

is this normal? are both GPUs suppose to be at 99% usage? or when crossfiring they used less?

cheers guys :D
ZED

xZEDx

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
wow cheers for the fast reply bud!! :D

WowW so that means there's still a chance that i will gain more from my setup when AMD release new drivers... I feel hopeful now :) i like ur answer man!

Cheers!

yep, both titles lack good support for crossfire, this is why it is always best to avoid crossfire or sli, sell both cards and get a better single card and you wont have problems. You will be hoping for a driver fix forever sometimes, and it will never happen, it can also be a problem with the game engine as much as the driver. Trust me, been there done that with both sli and crossfire, never again!.
you might not like my answer, but thats the way things are with some games.

xZEDx

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
thanx for the headsup bud really appreciate it... its my first time and not really what i expexted.. but as u pointed out Xfire or sli isnt worth it, i will sell and get a new single card 290x or a new gen in a few months will have to wait and see what AMD has to offer :)

ok, just to clarify, xfire and sli can be worth it, you can get great results, but i usually suggest that its for when a single top tier card isn't enough. like for 4k or triple monitor gaming. But generally with dual mid tier cards, you will end up with this scenario with at least one or two games that you really want to play and get performance issues or glitches of some sort, and your back to the performance of a single card. For me that's all it took to call it quits with dual cards. It also works out well to sell an old card and get a brand new one, as you often get free games with the new ones.