[SOLVED] 8 core processor suddenly went from 16 threads to 8 threads, what happened here ?

jeppejack

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2014
Picture of task manager
https://ibb.co/Ydmpb2G

device manager only shows 8 instances of my CPU as well. I fear it might have finally broken down, but idk if there is something you can even fiddle with, that would get this thing to happen.

Some advice would be appreciated

Solution
I just checked after i made the post and that is exactly what i thought as well, i have no clue how it happened to turn off, as i am certain i havent done it myself.

But now it is showing the correct threads again.
Open MSConfig...Boot tab...Advanced Options. Make sure there's no check mark in the box next to Number of Processors. If the checkmark is cleared you can ignore whateve it says below it. Then restart your system.
I just checked after i made the post and that is exactly what i thought as well, i have no clue how it happened to turn off, as i am certain i havent done it myself.

But now it is showing the correct threads again.
Open MSConfig...Boot tab...Advanced Options. Make sure there's no check mark in the box next to Number of Processors. If the checkmark is cleared you can ignore whateve it says below it. Then restart your system.

Solution