[SOLVED] 8 pin GPU to 8 pin PSU?

Solution
Buy a proper power supply if you don't want to damage your expensive components, that PSU of yours is a fire hazard at best. Get Corsair CX450, it isn't very expensive and is of decent quality.

If you don't care about your parts getting damaged due to bad power, then yes, your PSU will have a 6+2 or 8-pin connector labelled PCI-E or GPU, connect that to the GPU. Don't connect the connector labelled EPS, that's for CPU power - it'll be in a 4+4 format.
Buy a proper power supply if you don't want to damage your expensive components, that PSU of yours is a fire hazard at best. Get Corsair CX450, it isn't very expensive and is of decent quality.

If you don't care about your parts getting damaged due to bad power, then yes, your PSU will have a 6+2 or 8-pin connector labelled PCI-E or GPU, connect that to the GPU. Don't connect the connector labelled EPS, that's for CPU power - it'll be in a 4+4 format.

Solution
Jun 7, 2019
One more thing - the Corsair CX450 only has one PCI-E power connector, so I hope your GPU doesn't need more than a single 8-pin connector, and any future GPU upgrades that require more than one power connector will also need a PSU upgrade.
Alright, I would just like to now why you say my current PSU is a "fire hazard at best". I've had it for 5 years and it hasn't given me any trouble so far.

Alright, I would just like to now why you say my current PSU is a "fire hazard at best". I've had it for 5 years and it hasn't given me any trouble so far.
It's all about the quality of the internal components used in the PSU. It might not have given you problems till date, maybe because your system didn't draw a lot of power, or maybe simply because you've been lucky that the PSU didn't fail yet. But poor quality units have a tendency to deteriorate over time in stability, so for all you know the PSU could have been slowly damaging your components over the past 5 years, or it might straight up give up within the next few hours and take a few things out with it. You never know in case of bad PSU's.