Question 80 pin SCSI to 50 pin IDC adapter

Mar 1, 2024
Hi All: Looking for a SCSI 80 pin ->50 pin IDC -> USB converter. Can't find any such animal. IDC = IDE. Can't find that either.
Anyone know were I can get one?
Looking at SCSI 80 pin ->SCSI 68 pin ->to USB also. Can't find.
Or this converter?
Thanks
Robert

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
Hi All: Looking for a SCSI 80 pin ->50 pin IDC -> USB converter. Can't find any such animal. IDC = IDE. Can't find that either.
Anyone know were I can get one?
Looking at SCSI 80 pin ->SCSI 68 pin ->to USB also. Can't find.
Or this converter?
Thanks
Robert
I have one SCSI to usb but I don't remember how many pin is
where will you use it?

Ralston18

Titan
Google

"80 pin SCSI to USB adapter"

Lots of adapters to be found. Even some videos.

For example:

https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervi...E060844AC1682F6EE8ABE060844AC1682F6&FORM=VIRE

As for which adapter to use - that depends of the devices you are trying to connect.

There may be proprietary cables and connectors involved.

Which means that the only source for the required adapters may be the device manufacturers.

The device documentation may list some applicable part numbers.

The plugs may fit but if the pinouts are different the adapter may not work.

Mar 1, 2024
Google

For example:

https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervi...E060844AC1682F6EE8ABE060844AC1682F6&FORM=VIRE

As for which adapter to use - that depends of the devices you are trying to connect.

Which means that the only source for the required adapters may be the device manufacturers.c)
Well perhaps I don't understand. 80 pin SCSI, 68 pin SCSI are standard connectors. USB is per standards.
I don't think anything I am thinking about would be proprietary. The only one confusing me is the 80 pin SCSI
to IDC (which is supposedly the same as 50 pin IDE). Neither of which i can find any adapter for.
If these are "standard" how can pin outs be proprietary?
Thanks
Robert

Mar 1, 2024
Google

For example:

Which means that the only source for the required adapters may be the device manufacturers.c)
Well perhaps I don't understand. 80 pin SCSI, 68 pin SCSI are standard connectors. USB is per standards.
I don't think anything I am thinking about would be proprietary. The only one confusing me is the 80 pin SCSI
to IDC (which is supposedly the same as 50 pin IDE). Neither of which i can find any adapter for.
If these are "standard" how can pin outs be proprietary?
Thanks
Robert

Mar 1, 2024
Well, the Adaptec adapters are REALLY expensive. 2-3 hundred dollars. Way to much for just fooling around with an old server.
I have an Adaptec 3944AUWD that was in server along with some others. It is LV Diff 68 pin connectors.