Question 85+ Temps on i7-3770 while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2021
Hello,
Recently i have changed my Cpu from i5-4460 to i7-3770 with the change of motherboard. But when i check temps using Afterburner in GTAV temps are averagely 85+. When i play Far cry 6 the temps go more than 90+. I have stock Intel cooler.My processor has base clock of 3.4Ghz and boost clock of 3.9Ghz.
Is there any issue with Cooler or Cpu?
i7-3770
Rx 470 4Gb
8gb ddr3 ram
Intel Stock cooler
350 powersupply

Although my gpu temps are really fine between 50-60 celcius.
Plz tell me what i do? I have re applied thermal paste but problem is not solved.

KyaraM

Admirable
The Intel stock cooler isn't awesome and that CPU is among the strongest of its generation. You should look into aftermarket coolers if you want it to run cooler. A good one would be something like the BeQuiet! PureRock 2 I think. I cool an i5-7600k overclocked with a Dark Rock Slim, but I'm not sure if it could take your CPU, too. Aftermarket coolers would also reduce noise.

Jun 22, 2022
Hello,
Recently i have changed my Cpu from i5-4460 to i7-3770 with the change of motherboard. But when i check temps using Afterburner in GTAV temps are averagely 85+. When i play Far cry 6 the temps go more than 90+. I have stock Intel cooler.My processor has base clock of 3.4Ghz and boost clock of 3.9Ghz.
Is there any issue with Cooler or Cpu?
i7-3770
Rx 470 4Gb
8gb ddr3 ram
Intel Stock cooler
350 powersupply

Although my gpu temps are really fine between 50-60 celcius.
Plz tell me what i do? I have re applied thermal paste but problem is not solved.

Make sure that the cooler is tightened down evenly and making good contact with the IHS on your CPU. When i've used an i7-4790k build in the past I def used an after market cooler which you can get a decent one for like 25-45 bucks. Also like the other guy said check your power profile settings and make sure its set to performance and *not "silent" or eco or something. Sometimes in the BIOS there can be some settings for a fan profile also.

Status
Not open for further replies.