8500LE compatibility?

dragon

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
Hello, posting problem on motherboard thread also looking for some help. I am building my first computer on an Asus p4p800dlx board, 256x2 ddr3200 ram, new 80gb west digital HD,ahanix noblesse case 350W, pent 4 2.4g 800fsb processor, radeon 8500LE 128mb from old computer.

I got everything hooked up and on inital power up it seems to fail somewhere, the board power light, cpu fan and case fans are all on, the front switch led's are on, the fan on the radeon 8500LE card is on, but the monitor doesnt go on. There are no beeps during any of this like it says in the manual. Is this card compatible with a this asus board? I thought the 2x/4x cards could operate at 1.5v in a 8x agp slot? Can anyone verify this? Im trying to determine between problem with MB or vid card?

Asus and Ati support are closed, would really like to get this computer together asap...
thanks

dragon

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
Well ive tried some suggestions from the MB forum to no avail, And I have no PCI cards at all in the MB yet, no changes, From everything I have read and from the manual, my card should be compatible with this board as a 1.5v card, it has the notch for 1.5v in the bottom as manual shows.
thanks

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Do you have some other video cards lying around that we can use for troubleshooting purposes. If other video cards have the same symptoms then I would conclude that the prob is related to the motherboard. If, several other video cards boot up fine, then the problem would probably be related to your video card. And even if it is your video card, it doesn't neccessarily mean that the 8500LE is incompatible, its possible you just may have picked up a dud-card at the shop.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The 8500LE is definately 100%+ compatable with your board. I have the ORIGINAL Radeon, that's the card they produced before adding model numbers, and IT'S 100% compatable, and yours is over a year newer!

Failure to post is normally caused by either a grounded board or a reversed IDE cable. It can also be caused by things such as insufficient power or faulty parts.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hmm, good question. A lot of motherboards come with 1 80-wire and 1 40-wire cable, perhaps some of the 40-wire cables are still unkeyed.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>