Question 90 or 180 Degree 8 pin PCIe connector suggestions?

nondem

Honorable
Apr 18, 2016
My Strix OC 3090 barely fits but it does fit. The only issue I've got is that the 3x 8 pin power connectors for the GPU won't bend sharply enough to allow me to put the side cover on my case. I need to have them come out to the side or ideally back tword the motherboard. I've read horror stories about the power connectors on these power-hungry 3090s...
Can someone recommend some quality 90 or 180 degree connectors that would work on the Asus ROG Strix 3090 OC GPU - or possibly some other solution aside from a new case :) ?

3090strix.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-PowerLink-Support-Founders-600-PL-2816-LR/dp/B01MQ1YEYH

Just make sure you read up online regarding various pin configurations as there is a little work you need to do to make sure you have the correct pinout and number of pins with power. It's not a big deal, but important to be aware of. Plenty of info on it out there and takes five minutes to do properly. I've been using this on my system for several years and no problems at all unlike a lot of the other adapters.

Reactions: nondem

nondem

Honorable
Apr 18, 2016
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-PowerLink-Support-Founders-600-PL-2816-LR/dp/B01MQ1YEYH

Just make sure you read up online regarding various pin configurations as there is a little work you need to do to make sure you have the correct pinout and number of pins with power. It's not a big deal, but important to be aware of. Plenty of info on it out there and takes five minutes to do properly. I've been using this on my system for several years and no problems at all unlike a lot of the other adapters.
That's a elegant solution and quality stuff obviously but it looks to only support two 8 pin connectors at most and this card has three. Also it makes the card even longer than it is and the long-as-hell card is like 1/3 of a mm from hitting the fan as it is :)
I've seen some 180 connectors from the land of "almost-right" like these Connectors but then read where folks have had them cook themselves and the rest of the computer. Assuming poor connections or thin conductors...

nondem

Honorable
Apr 18, 2016
FTR - This a Corsair C70 Vengeance case...the one that looks like an ammo can. The point being - it's not a small case...I guess the expectation is to get a mini-fridge looking case to fit this comfortably.