[SOLVED] 900p and RTX 3080

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Hi guys,

So i'm building a new PC next week with RTX 3080 and AMD 5600x but i'm yet to buy a good monitor which suits my rig i currently have a 900p monitor and i don't have enough budget to upgrade it to 1440p yet but im planning to do once i get my budget again.
My question is that what trouble i would be facing and will it somehow damage my Gpu or anything which i might regret later ?
Also if you guys ask why im spending so much on Gpu and Cpu and not a monitor its because im a visual artist and i have big projects coming up and i want my PC to be ready for rendering stuff as quick as possible so yeah
Thank you so much any response is appreciated

Solution
There are no problems with running 900p. You just won’t be able to utilise a significant amount of the gpu’s potential. I am guess this 900p monitor is also a low Hz, maybe 60? You will get way more FPS than you can use with a low Hz screen, this will cause a lot of extra cpu workload that wouldn’t be there at lower FPS when running a higher resolution. To reduce the cpu workload and heat you could put an FPS limiter on so your cpu isn’t pushing out frames you don’t need.
There are no problems with running 900p. You just won’t be able to utilise a significant amount of the gpu’s potential. I am guess this 900p monitor is also a low Hz, maybe 60? You will get way more FPS than you can use with a low Hz screen, this will cause a lot of extra cpu workload that wouldn’t be there at lower FPS when running a higher resolution. To reduce the cpu workload and heat you could put an FPS limiter on so your cpu isn’t pushing out frames you don’t need.

Solution