[SOLVED] 9100F 100% usage Fortnite

Mar 13, 2020
So i recently upgraded my PC. I had ScatterVolt's Tron V1. It had a Pentium G5400 and a GT 1030. I just upgraded to a 9100F and a 1060 3GB. I am trying to play Fortnite, and even on lowest settings, I will start freezing. I check task manager and my CPU is at 100%. I have no extensions on chrome and 1 tab open on chrome, and chrome was taking up 50% of my CPU. I did some research, and it said drivers was an issue. Fortnite even managed to take up 70% of my gpu. I was hitting 240 fps consistently but when any action took place i would freeze and die instantly. Network and everything was fine, just FPS freezing due to 100% usage. Can anyone help me with this? is this a driver related issue? (GPU drivers are up to date)
Thanks for your time, Steve
PC Specs
CPU - 9100F
Cooler - Hyper 212 Evo
Thermal Paste - Arctic Silver 5
Motherboard - MSI B360 GAMING PLUS
Memory/RAM - 16GB corsair low profile 2400mhz
GPU - Evga 6162 kr (1060 3gb sc)
PSU - 450W evga bronze 80+
SSD - Samsung 860 evo 2tb

Solution
the i3-9100 is essentially the old i5-7600K 're-badged' for a 300-series board...and suffers the same 'high cpu usage/min FPS issue' of the 7600K in several several games that thrive on lots of threads...of which the 4c/4t CPU does not have....
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Fornite is a very intense CPU game, playing at lower setting will only put even more pressure on the CPU. From what I read you updated it both CPU and GPU, and Minecraft is working fine, so I would start by setting some of the fornite graphic details level a bit up, atleast to medium and see how it goes.

Have you tried to update chipset drivers, cpu drivers, etc from windows device manager? Sometimes updating chipset driver, lan, sounds, etc. it will fix this issue.

Other than that, if you haven't made a fresh install of Windows 10, then that will be the first step. (Unless someone with more fornite inside knowladge can help you with an uber tip to fix this).

Last edited: