960 M.2 PCIe SSD

jmatacola

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Dell put out a new BIOS and it has an option for RAID which Windows keeps switching to every chance it gets. (I disable and remove WBM) How do I stop Windows Boot Manager from taking over my Dell Inspirion 15 7570 every time I turn around so I do not have to go into my Bios and spend half an hour resetting it by running my CPU so hard? I have to re-start it after every change to make them effective. Or can this SSD be run on RAID? It says it is not compatible.

jmatacola

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Actually no, sometimes..I installed the 960 did the BIOS, had the problem with the "sleep/wake-up"; I unchecked the Windows Boot Manager, did all of the BIOS set-up again; I think I had the problem with the waking up from "sleep" fixed. It does boot up to windows 10 pro and I am on the insiders track too. The problem lies in the way windows wants to keep taking over and re-establishing the Windows Boot Manager into the bios and this messes up the sleep/wake again. I have to go back into the BIOS and reset it every time. Now, with the new BIOS update that Dell put out, 1.8, it has RAID as well as AHCI as an option in the boot menu. Can I use that for the Samsung SSD?, will that make Windows happy? Or will it crash the system and destroy the Samsung? I am about ready to go back to my Toshibas. Never had any trouble with them when I

jmatacola

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Actually no, sometimes..I installed the 960 did the BIOS, had the problem with the "sleep/wake-up"; I unchecked the Windows Boot Manager, did all of the BIOS set-up again; I think I had the problem with the waking up from "sleep" fixed. It does boot up to windows 10 pro and I am on the insiders track too. The problem lies in the way windows wants to keep taking over and re-establishing the Windows Boot Manager into the bios and this messes up the sleep/wake again. I have to go back into the BIOS and reset it every time. Now, with the new BIOS update that Dell put out, 1.8, it has RAID as well as AHCI as an option in the boot menu. Can I use that for the Samsung SSD?, will that make Windows happy? Or will it crash the system and destroy the Samsung? I am about ready to go back to my Toshibas. Never had any trouble with them when I

jmatacola

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Sorry laid my palm on the wrong button there. I have tried to uninstall as much of the bloatware on this machine as I can and keep it running and I have used Sys. Mech. to tease out much of it and still have it run AI, 3-D, and AR. I use CAD and process Photos with walk thru's so I like the capabilities of the 8th gens. but this is driving me crazy.