[SOLVED] 970 EVO PLUS NVMe m.2 isn’t showing on my bios as a bootable device, how to fix?

Jan 19, 2020
970 EVO PLUS NVMe m.2 isn’t showing on my bios as a bootable device, how to fix?

Specs:
Z390-E Asus rog strix
Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb NVMe
i9-9900k

I just got the 970 earlier this week and when I tried to install windows on it, the bios does not show my m.2 as a bootable device in boot tab, but the bios is seeing it as storage in ez mode.

I am trying to load windows from a uefi usb to my new 970 m.2

I tried different solutions that I found but none of them worked. For example, I tried the installing windows on m.2 guide on one of the forums here, and I tried switching between both m.2_1 and m.2_2, making sure it was firmly in place. None of these worked

Before I had a WD 1tb m.2 and it worked perfectly fine, but I accidentally wiped it and now it does not work.

If anyone knows how to fix it please send help.

Solution
in uefi mode, it will show up as bootable device once u installl windows on it (it will be called windows boot manager)
This. You can go into advanced mode and disable CSM too, that may help. Boot off your installer USB via the UEFI option and install windows. Then it should just boot via windows boot manager option once it completes.

seanwebster

Contributing Writer
Editor
Aug 30, 2018
in uefi mode, it will show up as bootable device once u installl windows on it (it will be called windows boot manager)
This. You can go into advanced mode and disable CSM too, that may help. Boot off your installer USB via the UEFI option and install windows. Then it should just boot via windows boot manager option once it completes.

Solution