980ti hof fans at 100% but no display

May 9, 2018
When the computer turns on the fans spin at 100% but no display signal from the card. Onboard graphics work and load windows as if there is no graphics card installed. I installed a different graphics card to check the slot, that worked fine, and ive updated the bios to check for that problem, im completely out of ideas. Got any?

Solution
Even if you are out of warranty still give it a try. Sometimes they like to make a goodwill impression by replacing truly faulty units. Also depends on their availability of similar cards, might not get a HOF back, but you never know unless you try. I've seen people get GTX1060 in place of GTX970 and things. I know my friend once managed to get one old Radeon card replaced with the next model up, they were just out of his particular card.

They may even be able to fix it if it is something simple like a corrupt vBIOS.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Even if you are out of warranty still give it a try. Sometimes they like to make a goodwill impression by replacing truly faulty units. Also depends on their availability of similar cards, might not get a HOF back, but you never know unless you try. I've seen people get GTX1060 in place of GTX970 and things. I know my friend once managed to get one old Radeon card replaced with the next model up, they were just out of his particular card.

They may even be able to fix it if it is something simple like a corrupt vBIOS.

Solution