[SOLVED] 9900K running 85C during Premiere Pro export.

ygli

Honorable
Jan 9, 2018
Firstly, I just want to say that I really appreciate all the help I get here. I always do as much research as I can independently and then come here for answers when I hit a wall, and you guys are awesome!
Thank you!!

I have a i9 9900K, cooled by a Noctua NH-D15S in a Cooler Master MasterCase H500.
The CPU is not overclocked, and during video exporting with Premiere Pro multiple cores regularly hit low-mid 80s (measured with Core Temp).
All the cores are usually between 30 and 33 while idling.

From what I understand ideally the CPU should not be going above 80C, so if multiple cores are regularly going above that during export in Premiere Pro, does that mean something is not set up correctly?

I specifically built the PC in the MasterCase H500 because it is reported as being very effective at cooling and that was a priority in a video editing rig. The fans are running on the standard setting.

Do I need to customize the fan settings (in the BIOS?)?

Is there something else I should do?

Thanks!!

Solution
Some processing loads are quite possibly heavier than capable of being dissipated by even the nice NH-D15.

What clock speeds are observed during your workload? (An all core loading should only see 4.7 GHz across all cores, and, technically if that is maintained longer than 30 seconds, it is technically out of Intel's 'specs' for full turbo duration.)

YOu can view clock speeds on assorted cores easily with HWMonitor
Some processing loads are quite possibly heavier than capable of being dissipated by even the nice NH-D15.

What clock speeds are observed during your workload? (An all core loading should only see 4.7 GHz across all cores, and, technically if that is maintained longer than 30 seconds, it is technically out of Intel's 'specs' for full turbo duration.)

Reactions: ygli
Solution

ygli

Honorable
Jan 9, 2018
Thank you for the informative response.

I'll check out the clock speeds...

Really appreciate it!!