Question Ryzen 9950X IF at 5000 ?

FreeBee101

Reputable
Jul 20, 2020
I wasn't hoping anything. I was pointing out someone had one for testing it already. I was curious if anyone had done more testing.

The release info said july 2024. I thought I had seen several sources of people saying they had them in personal systems. I assumed it had just released recently.

Everything I have read has indicated this:

From google:
The AMD Ryzen 9 9950X is a desktop processor with 16 cores, launched in July 2024. It is part of the Ryzen 9 lineup, using the Zen 5 (Granite Ridge) architecture with Socket AM5. Thanks to AMD Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT) the core-count is effectively doubled, to 32 threads.

Last edited:
I wasn't hoping anything. I was pointing out someone had one for testing it already. I was curious if anyone had done more testing.

The release info said july 2024. I thought I had seen several sources of people saying they had them in personal systems. I assumed it had just released recently.

Everything I have read has indicated this:

From google:
Last from AMDm release date will be July 28, before that even if someone had it would be MB or BIOS developers and they are bound by contract not to release benchmarks or any data before that date or face harsh consequences. So anything you hear are just conjunctions and estimates or unofficial and so unreliable leaks.
History shows that it would take at least couple of month after release to sales for real experience and testing and up to 6 months to find all nuances together with new BIOS tuneups.

Reactions: Hotrod2go