[SOLVED] 9th gen Intel CPU on Asrock B360 Pro4

Apr 29, 2019
Hello 👋,
I'm thinking about buying a Intel I5 9400f with the motherboard Asrock B360 Pro4. I saw on other website that you need to update the BIOS of the motherboard to use the 9th gen proccesor. Alright, I know to update the BIOS, But some people say you can't update the bios with the 9th gen proccesor so I have to buy a other gen processor to update the bios and then install my 9th gen proccesor?! But that is by some motherboards? So the question is: Can I install the BIOS update with the 9th gen processor in it or do I have to buy a other gen processor before I can use my proccesor? And a funny question, what happend when you install Windows on a 9th gen proccesor with a non-updated bios?

Thank you,
Smashyy

Solution
You have to update the bios with a 8th gen processor.
Alternatively you can buy the ASRock B365 Pro4 which will have support right out of the box.
Apr 29, 2019
You have to update the bios with a 8th gen processor.
Alternatively you can buy the ASRock B365 Pro4 which will have support right out of the box.
I'm so happy for not buying that motherboard without help. Alright, one question: Why says the website of Asrock B360 Pro4 that it's supports 9th gen CPU's? But thanks for the help cuz if I bought it then I was in trouble haha

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so happy for not buying that motherboard without help. Alright, one question: Why says the website of Asrock B360 Pro4 that it's supports 9th gen CPU's? But thanks for the help cuz if I bought it then I was in trouble haha
Because the board does support the cpu, you just need to update the bios.
The supporting bios has been out since march so there's a good chance it's already on the board from factory.