A build for a webdesigner and avid gamer

G

hi, I'm a webdesigner and a gamer that hasn't had the chance to do much gaming at all last year. I want to build a gaming/work computer. I would love some ideas on what I should be aiming for, i've read alot about part compatability and stuff but I don't know what would be best for me and when should I buy the products. My price limit is 500 pounds. I want to also be able to upgrade the computer over time so it doesn't become out of date in 6 months

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
hi, I'm a webdesigner and a gamer that hasn't had the chance to do much gaming at all last year. I want to build a gaming/work computer. I would love some ideas on what I should be aiming for, i've read alot about part compatability and stuff but I don't know what would be best for me and when should I buy the products. My price limit is 500 pounds. I want to also be able to upgrade the computer over time so it doesn't become out of date in 6 months

FYI, you might have more luck getting feedback from people if you followed the format suggested in the How to Ask for New Build Advice sticky. It provides a copy/paste/fill in standard form to use.

You've asked a fairly open-ended question with limited detail, and that doesn't give people much of a basis for offering advice. A few minutes reading this forum shows that people are remarkably willing to take time to suggest builds, but you ought to give them something more to go on. If you're so undecided that you can't fill the standard form out, you might be better served by spending some time reading the articles and reviews on the tomshardware main site, instead of asking for builds in the forums?

$.02.

Cheers.

He's what I would do:
Look for a gaming build that would come in around 400 - 420 pounds. That budget pretty much means AMD, not Intel.

Use the balance for a larger hard drive and an external HD for backup. If it's a work computer, you need backup.