A Dating Site Made Just for Apple Fans (iDate?)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]RipperjackAU[/nom]Correction:Meet an apply fanboy or G.I.R.L. ( Guy In Real Life )And remember cyber Romeos, if "she" is under 16, then its probably an FBI agent.[/citation]

What happens when the FBI meets somebody that says they're a 15 year old and it turns out they actually are?

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]Mikeadelic[/nom]Great, now they can start spreading all the iSTDs.[/citation]

That all depends, if you have downloaded the iMasturbate app, exclusive to Cupidtino.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]What happens when the FBI meets somebody that says they're a 15 year old and it turns out they actually are?[/citation]

Office Party!

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Agreed, everyone on that site falls into the same basic categories:-Upper-middle class-Educated-Gullible-Prone to Cult-like Devotion-Lacks common reasoning abilities such as "I can get the same hardware at half the price and it will still do everything I need it to do if I just don't buy Apple"[/citation]

Exactly! And on that same note WHY would anyone buy a ferrari, or etc, when i can buy a cheap import and get it to do the same for less!

Or any OTHER name brand for that matter! Prada? Abercrombie? Guess? Hollister? Coach? PFFF! I'd rather shop at walmart.

/end sarcasm

Wake up buddy. Not everyone things like you. Some people believe a name, or a brand, or a look, or a "feel" is worth more than you might. You don't like it, don't buy it. But don't bring your trash talking here. I might be a PC user.. But you and those like you make me ashamed. Funny how that works huh?

On topic: Thats ridiculous in my opinion.. Apple = Love? lawl..

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]Exactly! And on that same note WHY would anyone buy a ferrari, or etc, when i can buy a cheap import and get it to do the same for less!Or any OTHER name brand for that matter! Prada? Abercrombie? Guess? Hollister? Coach? PFFF! I'd rather shop at walmart./end sarcasmWake up buddy. Not everyone things like you. Some people believe a name, or a brand, or a look, or a "feel" is worth more than you might. You don't like it, don't buy it. But don't bring your trash talking here. I might be a PC user.. But you and those like you make me ashamed. Funny how that works huh?On topic: Thats ridiculous in my opinion.. Apple = Love? lawl..[/citation]

I wouldn't compare Apple/Other PCs to a Ferrari/Cheap Import (PCs are cheaper like an import, but they outpeform the Ferrari). I'd compare Apple/Other PCs to say Harley Davidson/Honda CBR. The Honda is cheap, performs well and looks pretty good. The Harley is hugely expensive, does not perform well, and is only purchased for the brand / lifestyle association. Of course Harleys are customizable, so the comparison isn't 100% valid.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Wow, way too many guys on Tom's.

Girls love Apple products and if this site is real, it means girls will out number guys. I don'y know about you guys but I like those odds

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]I wouldn't compare Apple/Other PCs to a Ferrari/Cheap Import (PCs are cheaper like an import, but they outpeform the Ferrari). I'd compare Apple/Other PCs to say Harley Davidson/Honda CBR. The Honda is cheap, performs well and looks pretty good. The Harley is hugely expensive, does not perform well, and is only purchased for the brand / lifestyle association. Of course Harleys are customizable, so the comparison isn't 100% valid.[/citation]

There are tons of aftermarket options for Hondas too, most of them do more than just aesthetics though.

gncs91

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
would be wicked, just to pretend to be an apple fan and ruin their fanboy conversations by flame causing comments^^ ;)

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Mac and PC here,
I have never tried online dating before, so imagine how weird this looks to me. Why on earth would I care what computer my date uses.

As a matter of fact I am going to ask her if she uses a service like this to discover if she is insane. Weird!
This is me but do what ever makes you happy

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
Hi, I'm a Mac, I define my life by the things I own, using them as a substitute for real personality and inner depth. Oh hey, me too! Cool we should date and be meaningless shallow husks together.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]And on that same note WHY would anyone buy a ferrari, or etc, when i can buy a cheap import and get it to do the same for less!

Or any OTHER name brand for that matter! Prada? Abercrombie? Guess? Hollister? Coach?[/citation]

Same reason people buy Apple computers, too much disposable income and no real sense of value.

Nightsilver

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]Do we really want to encourage Apple zealots to reproduce???[/citation]

Yeah, I read the article and the first thing I thought was "Oh, oh God."

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I can see it now…

Interests: Spending WAY too much money on aged proprietary junk, but it looks cool, so that justifies it.

Looking for: Someone who spends WAY too much money on aged proprietary junk, but it looks cool, so that justifies it.

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]Exactly! And on that same note WHY would anyone buy a ferrari, or etc, when i can buy a cheap import and get it to do the same for less!Or any OTHER name brand for that matter! Prada? Abercrombie? Guess? Hollister? Coach? PFFF! I'd rather shop at walmart./end sarcasmWake up buddy. Not everyone things like you. Some people believe a name, or a brand, or a look, or a "feel" is worth more than you might. You don't like it, don't buy it. But don't bring your trash talking here. I might be a PC user.. But you and those like you make me ashamed. Funny how that works huh?On topic: Thats ridiculous in my opinion.. Apple = Love? lawl..[/citation]

But you can buy an Ariel Atom powered by a Honda motor, or a Caterham powered by a Ford engine for a lot less than a Ferrari with out all the bells and whistle and outrageous price tag, and have a down right high performance machine.

freiheitner

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
It's always amazed me how Windows zealots give nothing but grief to anyone who doesn't use Windows (OS/2, Linux) but go on and on about a lack of independent thought on the part of others.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]freiheitner[/nom]It's always amazed me how Windows zealots give nothing but grief to anyone who doesn't use Windows (OS/2, Linux) but go on and on about a lack of independent thought on the part of others.[/citation]

There is a difference between thinking independently and using crippled products. Apple doesn't make anything without installing crippleware on it.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
One thing I learn from Brokeback Mountain is that you can be married to the hottest woman in the world (Anne Hathaway) and still be gay.

So, kudos to them for finally starting an in-the-closet dating site with some legitimacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.