Question A few keys on my keyboard are pasting random things when I press them.

Dec 2, 2021
So, when I press the 1 key on the top of my keyboard, it types 1 fine. If I press it on my numpad, it will open randomly windows, and sometimes paste things. The only other key I've noticed that has an issue is my plus and equal key. If I press either, it pastes something random. Example: ^&(@#%)!$^)!@#$%&( That is me from pressing one, then shift and the other.

I've gone to device manager and uninstalled it, searched for updates, changed languages then changed it back to English, I reseated the USB cable on the keyboard, I've rebooted, I've confirmed sticky keys is off, and followed several other things online. Nothing fixes it. I know it can't be a setting in my personal PC, because I have a KVM switch it plugs into because I switch back and forth between my work monitors which is powered by my work laptop and my personal PC to do stuff on my PC screen during downtime. This just started happening yesterday.

Please help.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to upload your images on a site like Imgur or their ilk then parse the link to said image onto thread. Make and model of your keyboard? if it has the functionality for Macro's or keybinding other keys, maybe disable the option to do so.

Dec 2, 2021
You might want to upload your images on a site like Imgur or their ilk then parse the link to said image onto thread. Make and model of your keyboard? if it has the functionality for Macro's or keybinding other keys, maybe disable the option to do so.

Hey, I updated my post. I somehow submitted it after one incomplete sentence. It's a Logitech G710. After I updated my OP, I don't have sticky keys on and this just started randomly yesterday, and I've never enabled/set up any macros or keybindings. How would I check if those two things may have turned themselves on somehow?

Dec 2, 2021
This is driving me mad, someone please, someone has to know the answer. It is literally only the 1 key on my numpad and the plus and equal sign along the top row of my keyboard doing this. Why would it only affect these two keys? Again, this happens on my work computer and gaming PC, so I don't think it's a Windows setting, but then again I've tried everything under the sun to fix it and can't. I'm going insane.

Dec 2, 2021
Are you using any Logitech software beyond just the keyboard drivers?

G Hub perhaps? If so, uninstall G Hub.

= = = =

Try another known working keyboard on your computer.

Try your G710 keyboard on another known working computer.

Determine if the problem follows your G710 keyboard or stays with your computer.

I actually never had G Hub installed until this started happening, then I installed it to see if it would fix it, and no sadly it didn't fix it. I am going to do your other suggestions when I'm off work. If I am still having the same issues, I'll reply to you again to let you know. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS