A few questions

Mar 3, 2018
Hi, within the next month I will be rebuilding my PC into a new case (S340 Elite) with a few new components, I’m reusing most of my parts though, so I’d like to ask some questions so that I’m prepared.

1. I’m installing a new AIO cooler (kraken X62). Does it come with preapplied thermal paste?

2. Should I install the radiator first or the motherboard?

3. Should i add more fans to the case? (S340 Elite) Or are the default fans + radiator enough?

4. Should I uninstall my CPU to clean it with alchohol or is it safe to leave it in the motherboard?

Solution

This varies from cooler to cooler though most come with thermal paste pre-applied. That said, it's not a bad idea to have some on hand in case you need to re-apply.

This is very much case dependent. I don't know how many times I've installed a component, only to have to remove it so I can attach a power or data cable and then reposition it.

This is case and motherboard dependent. If your case allows for seven fans (example) and it only comes with two, you may want to...

Wolfshadw

Titan

This varies from cooler to cooler though most come with thermal paste pre-applied. That said, it's not a bad idea to have some on hand in case you need to re-apply.

This is very much case dependent. I don't know how many times I've installed a component, only to have to remove it so I can attach a power or data cable and then reposition it.

This is case and motherboard dependent. If your case allows for seven fans (example) and it only comes with two, you may want to consider adding a few, but then you also want to look and see how many fans your motherboard supports. Otherwise, you'll need to power them direct from the power supply.

Personally, I'd remove it just to remove any chance of damaging the motherboard while cleaning the CPU. How it might happen, I haven't a clue, but if I just spent several hundred dollars on this equipment, I'm going to do everything in my power to keep it safe.

-Wolf sends

Solution