A Fifth WoW Expansion Already In The Works, Others

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachusaman

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
[citation][nom]azncracker[/nom]They are trying to milk as much money out of WoW as they can.[/citation]
I remember when Blizzard said that Activision taking over would not affect the game...

saxplayingcompnerd

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
Wow is dying and they are still trying to resuscitate it? Most people I know that play wow say the PVP is COMPLETELY broken and PVE gets boring after a while. You can only play so many toons and replay the same content so many times before you have to get bored.

I would rather see blizz just give up on wow after MOP(we have known about this exp. for months btw, this is OLD news), and work harder on titan, whatever that turns out to be, I'd rather see that come out sooner than have blizz drag out wow.

ramon1

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
[citation][nom]juncture[/nom]They cut their staff and increased the workload? Hopefully quality isn't affected here.[/citation]

Don't waste your hopes, this is Activision we are talking about.

The sad think about the whole affair is, people keep spreading their cheeks and happily taking it in.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]saxplayingcompnerd[/nom]I would rather see blizz just give up on wow after MOP(we have known about this exp. for months btw, this is OLD news), and work harder on titan, whatever that turns out to be, I'd rather see that come out sooner than have blizz drag out wow.[/citation]
This article isnt about MoP, this article is about the expansion AFTER MoP.
[citation][nom]juncture[/nom]They cut their staff and increased the workload? Hopefully quality isn't affected here.[/citation]
When you lose a couple million people, you can cut your support staff by a few hundred. Their development staff hasnt taken cuts. Also, they have been doing this since WoW has been released. They have one expansion visibly out front, but they are already doing work for the one after it. Nothing has changed.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
I played Cata for about 2 months. 40$ for the expansion, and 30$ for sub fees = 70$ for many many many many hours that I could never invest into any other game. Was worth it for me..

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Not really. There are more popular actually, just not standard MMOs.[/citation]
"Call of duty is the most popular FPS out there"
"Not really, facebook is more popular, it's just not a standard FPS"

derp

magnetite

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
I read somewhere they wanted to stop at level 100. That was several years ago though. Might have changed that since then. Once I saw the Pandas though, I hit the road.

Most of WoW's subscribers are actually from China. Not sure if they're mostly gold farmers, but when China got banned from WoW, WoW's population went from 11 million down to 5-6 million.

amstech

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
There is still a lot of fun to be had in WoW in you play it for what it is.
Enjoying the difficult raid content was some of the best fun I had in my life but eats up too much time to truly get the best raid gear.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]magnetite[/nom]I read somewhere they wanted to stop at level 100. That was several years ago though. Might have changed that since then. Once I saw the Pandas though, I hit the road. Most of WoW's subscribers are actually from China. Not sure if they're mostly gold farmers, but when China got banned from WoW, WoW's population went from 11 million down to 5-6 million.[/citation]

The Panda expansion isn't for the USA, or the West. It's to cater to their still growing Chinese market. China is the future.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]zachusaman[/nom]I remember when Blizzard said that Activision taking over would not affect the game...[/citation]
Stop this "good company" "bad company" bullshit, please.
Blizzard's original plan was to have one expansion per year. Soon it turned into 1 expansion every 2 years. Without any bloody "activision" excuses. Why bother, if your user base is growing anyway.

Now they got hit. Real hard. I'd say they deserve it.

herniter

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
[citation][nom]azncracker[/nom]They are trying to milk as much money out of WoW as they can.[/citation]

A company that's trying to make money? This seems 100% unprofessional.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
[citation][nom]billgatez[/nom]Wow is dieing. The MoP expansion need's be the last one.[/citation]

While I'd agree that WoW has peaked, it takes a very looong time for a game with millions of subs to die. Everquest is still going at 13 years old.

kyraiki

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Stop this "good company" "bad company" bullshit, please. Blizzard's original plan was to have one expansion per year. Soon it turned into 1 expansion every 2 years. Without any bloody "activision" excuses. Why bother, if your user base is growing anyway.Now they got hit. Real hard. I'd say they deserve it.[/citation]

I agree. Couldn't have said it better myself... Last time I checked, companies exist to make money. Even though WoW is losing subscribers, it still makes money. Why throw that away? 1. Let WoW slowly die while working on Titan, 2. Release that, 3. Profit.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
blizzard answeres to vavindi, not activision.

the only way to make a mmo long lasting is content, BIG SHOCK that they are makeing a new expantion after the panda one.

am i the only one who sees a problem?

when i played diablo 1 or 2, i have never even touched pvp, and i can assume most people didnt either. so pushing the game back 8 months for pvp or releasing it in what 1 or 2 months... i think they made the right call

putting an in game real money store, well people do it anyway and you cant stop it no mater what, so why not take advantage of it...

so far i havent seen activision meddling

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Haven't played since Lich King, I would go back if they made lvl 100 without updating the older dungeons, Some of us like to try and see how far we can push our character by soloing the previously impossible group only dungeons. Raids are great and pvp is great but in between all that I still like to go and do my own stuff, They need to add more solo activity. Would love to go back as a lvl 100 to the old lvl 60 raid areas and try and solo the boss although they have already updated some of those areas unfortunately.

ashesofempires04

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Blizzard's focus should be on providing enough content to last the entire lifecycle of the expansion, rather than their current practice of releasing an expansion that runs out of steam 6-8 months before the next one launches. It grinds down their subscriber base pretty badly, as people get bored of not having any goals or challenges left to complete.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]EVE Online does that too, but without charging the price of the game again.[/citation]
yea, that is a crappy business practice, they could at least do what everquest does, buy the newest expansion, you unlock all the older ones. i was considering wow a while ago, and just couldn't justify what 150-200$ it would have cost to get all the content, when i would likely only play 2 months.

and can you explain to me what eve online is? i keep trying to look into it, but it just seams like its a glorified browser game where you tell it to do something and it does it while you are away, i have no idea what to think of it.

kooldj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
biggest reason why wow is dying is that nowadays ppl are becoming too lazy to play for long sessions for very small rewards in the end. they need to make sure that everyone gets equally benefited at all time during their gameplay. a lvl 85 fully upgraded player has nothing left to do, and the next expansion will just add more power of similar content. one thing they can do is to go back in world of warcraft history and bring back those famous dead bosses to life, with full power to match the new content. this will allow players with a huge number of ways to enjoy the game and still get the same benefits as new content would provide. For example they can add power to an instance like naxxramas to be equally difficult and rewarding as cataclysm content would be, but one should be able to play it at normal old mode or try it with new power up mode to continue enjoying their memories while getting equally rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.