A good cooler for Phenom II x4 965 with size restriction.

yellams

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Hello, I've recently decided to upgrade from the stock fan since its very loud and not all that good at cooling.
The case I have is an NZXT Hades, which has a 200mm side fan (the cause of the restriction) now ideally I'd like to keep this fan as it helps cool everything else. So with this attached, NZXT state the largest is 131.5mm, I've also read about 125mm is as far as you can go. So does anyone have any recommendations that fit the bill?
Budget is about £30 I think.
The cooler isn't being bought with the sole intention to overclock, more to keep the cpu cool while gaming, with the possibility to overclock in the future. Thanks for any advice.

yellams

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Whilst the reviews and product seem very good for that, unfortunately I can't actually find a retailer selling it in the UK

yellams

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
As in UK retailers I can buy any product from?
If so then Scan.co.uk, Ebuyer.com and Amazon.co.uk are probably the 3 biggest sites

yellams

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Thanks, I've seen this cooler mentioned as being compatible, I tried to edit the OP saying about it, but it didn't let me. I wasn't sure if it was still considered a good cooler, but after reading some newegg reviews it seems it is.
Thanks for your help.

G

At £20+vat i guess, its a pretty good deal as well, considering the $50 price that it sells for on newegg and the prices of the ones i have see while searching before.

You are welcome, enjoy the silence under load :p