Question A Lot Of Debug LED Error Codes On Motherboard

Jun 1, 2024
hey everyone, im gonna tell the problem im having and hope to find a fix, your answers and suggestions are appreciated. i know its long, but please read it.

I have a pc with the following specs
(i5 2400, gtx 1050 ti, 8gb ram 1333mhz (2x4), foxconn p67a bios is from AMI)

i had a power cut off a few days back when i was working on the pc, and when it came back, everytime i turn the pc on i get the error code on the debug led (b7).
i searched about it but couldnt find an exact answer because foxconn website is down or
something, but i read that its a ram problem.
i tried one stick in all four slots, same error.
but its unlikely that all four slots just got broken at the same time?. i took out all ram sticks and the error code changed to 55, which i think is no ram is found.
so i thought its a cpu, or the ram sticks themselves have a problem.

i got another cpu, i5 3470, and two sticks of ram (2x2) (and yes the bios is updated and the motherboard supports this cpu).
so here is every situation i tried:
1st:
old cpu + 1 stick of new ram
error code b7 then 59.
2nd:
old cpu + 2 sticks of new ram
error code b7.
3rd:
new cpu + 1 stick of old ram
error code 95
2 sticks of old ram is b7

4th:
new cpu + 1 stick of new ram
error code 99 ( i remember that this used to show up when it posted successfully or it was 66 i dont know, but nothing on screen now)
2 sticks of new ram is b7

and i tried to reset cmos multiple times, even try with no gpu, or switch gpu slot, even tried a gt 210, same thing.
cpu pins are perfectly fine.

is my motherboard dead?

1st:
old cpu + 1 stick of new ram
error code b7 then 59.
since it passed B7, then bios nvram was reseted succesfully, code 59 means CPU microcode was not found...meaning no support for that CPU with current bios..but since it later moved on, it probably just freezed during post

3rd:
new cpu + 1 stick of old ram
error code 95
2 sticks of old ram is b7
code 95 is pci resources, that is memory related

it possible that your mainboard is shot

if we skip B7 which is just cmos reset code
all the other codes points to hardware initialisation failure

you powersupply or mainboard remains suspect to damage

Reactions: XSharkB999
Jun 1, 2024
Your motherboard might be faulty. Despite testing with different CPUs and RAM sticks, persistent error codes indicate a potential motherboard issue. Ensure all connections are secure, try a different PSU, and consult the motherboard's manual for specific error codes. If problems persist, consider replacing the motherboard.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024
since it passed B7, then bios nvram was reseted succesfully, code 59 means CPU microcode was not found...meaning no support for that CPU with current bios..but since it later moved on, it probably just freezed during post
code 59 showed with the old cpu, which worked fine before, even before updating the bios
and the error code is stuck on it
so how does it mean that the bios doesnt support it

code 59 showed with the old cpu, which worked fine before, even before updating the bios
and the error code is stuck on it
so how does it mean that the bios doesnt support it
firmware (bios) needs cpu to run, cpu needs ram to operate
if firmware gets stuck at some point, than that code shows what it was doing until it got stuck
code59 is cpu microcode, which loads up your cpu, cpu failed to execute it, either microcode missing or cpu failed to execute it, that can be indirectly related to memory or cpu errors

since two cpus and two set of rams showing low level hardware initialisation failures, just replace mainboard at this point