[SOLVED] A new challenger has arrived

GreenMadman

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
Hello to everyone! Trying to finalize my build, hoping you can help!

Before, I was trying to decide between the Crucial 500GB MX500 and the Samsung 500GB 860 EVO. I was leaning more towards the Crucial because it costs less, with the only downside being the lesser TBW warranty which isn't that important anyway. However an ssd has appeared recently, the Kingston 500GB A2000, and it costs less and is an NVMe ssd so it has 4 times the read and write speeds. While I do understand that chances are very high that I will never actually make use of speeds that high, having the option is kinda nice. Does anyone know more about this ssd? It seems like way too sweet a deal.

Thank you to all who took the time to read this thread, and more so to all who also replied!

GreenMadman

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
Get the mx500. Stay away from Kingston
Out of curiosity, any reason why you are so against Kingston? Also are you talking about storage only, hdd and/or ssd, or also memory, because as far as i know, Kingston is pretty good when it comes to ram

Nothing wrong with Kingston, an old memory any chip maker I use a lot. I have couple of cheapest Kingston SATA SSDs that are way past their TBW and still going strong.
Good to know. Can you tell me which model it was?