A perfect case for Intel i7 motherboards

nevos2005

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
Hi guys

I have a jeantech 700W power supply (it is an ATX power supply) and was wondering which case is best suited and kitted out for the task of harbinging this monster CPU and motherboard!!

Let me know your recommendations as i would like the most amount of space inside the case but also a case with great cooling attached!

Thanks guys

I bought my first computer in 1984 and have done my share of upgrading. I also build pc's for friends, neighbors, and girlffriends. As Kaldor correctly pointed out any case with ventilation and fans is prone to dust. It's a matter of performing regularly scheduled maintenance. The dust filters drastically restrict airflow and may impede cooling.

G

Hi
I have the same jeantech psu as yourself and have it installed in a NZXT Tempest which is slightly larger than a normal midi tower (so lots of room)where it mounts at the bottom of the case. As the NXZT has 6 140MM fans everything is kept cool, even the 4870x2 beast mounted in it as well

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007

or even the silverstone line, particularly the FT01, the BW model is really nice, and yet very classy.

dragin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
Hello, all! I am attempting to build my first rig. My HP M380N Media Center has been fine for the last six years and I am ready for the Monster type. I started out with the Cooler Master 932 and the 700W RS700 Power Unit. However, my goal was to get into the i7, X58 Motherboard with the new DDR3 memory and the intel core i7 quadcore processor. My question is: Is this i7 stuff compatible with the Cooler Master Case and Power Unit?

dragin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
Thanks JohnnyLucky! I guess I'm really concerned about the i7 x58 Motherboard getting along with the Cooler Master RS700 power unit? Some of the power units listed said they were i7 ready. I'm also going to add the GTX295 and I'm debating on WD and Baracuda 1TB HDD.

Dragin - The veteran posters in this section usually recommended PC Power & Cooling, Corsair, and a small number of other high quality power supplies. I can't remember any of the veterans recommending CoolerMaster power supplies.

uguv

Distinguished
I wouldn't worry about a PSU being "i7 ready". If it's good quality and has enough juice on the 12v rail(s) then it should be fine.

I found a couple of different RS 700 models...

The modular "Real Power M700" (RS-700-ASAA-A1) has 4x 12v rails @ 19A each. I believe this is a "Tier 3" PSU meaning it's of decent, but not great, quality.

The "UCP 700W" (RS-700-AAAA-A3) also has 4x 12v rails @ 19A each. The Cooler Master UCP series of PSUs are usually listed as "Tier 2" meaning they are very good units.

Nvidia suggests a 680W or higher power supply and the card itself draws up to 289W. You shouldn't have any problem running the GTX 295 with an i7.

I personally like PC Power & Cooling and Corsair units because they use a single 12V rail but I think you'll be ok with that you have.