Question A question about windows 10 data transfer

Dec 25, 2021
Lets say i have 12 gb Inside F:\Folder1 and i Moved the data to F:\Folder2
Copy and Paste
Moving data on Same Drive
is it safe to delete the Original data immediately after the transfer is done or maybe windows is still transfer the data in the background Although the transfer is done ?

Jul 14, 2021
Lets say i have 12 gb Inside F:\Folder1 and i Moved the data to F:\Folder2
Copy and Paste
Moving data on Same Drive
is it safe to delete the Original data immediately after the transfer is done or maybe windows is still transfer the data in the background Although the transfer is done ?

If you're positive that the data has been copied, yes. But there's no reason to Copy the data, which puts extra wear on the drive. It's better to Cut (Move) the files, using Ctrl-X then Ctrl-V into Folder2. Since both folders are on the same drive, no data is actually moved. The HD merely has to re-write the location of the files. Usually takes less than a second, no matter how many files you're moving.

Jul 14, 2021
Once you've verified that the data is consistent on both folders(nothing's missing) yes, you can delete the former folder, however, why aren't you cut+pasting at that point?

Please note that this isn't strictly correct. The question asked if they can delete the original data, aka files, not the source folder (Folder1) that the files are in. This is an important distinction if there are more files in in Folder1 that they didn't want to move. In that case, you do not want to delete the source folder.