A Quick Look At the Galaxy S4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
"not been exclusive to any one carrier seems to be part of Samsung’s recipe for success"
Some stupid manufacturer like Nokia should take note. In Canada, Nokia's flagship 920 is only exclusively available from Rogers (aka Robbers).

I upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S4. So far I'm pretty happy with it. The screen is absolutely amazing, so if you do a lot of mobile browsing it's definitely something worth considering.
Samsung did add a lot of gimmicks to the GS4, but Air View is actually really cool and works very well. Some of the others, such as eye and hand tracking, still need work.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I wish I'd waited for the S4... I 'upgraded' from the iPhone 4 to the Razr Maxx HD... and the Maxx HD is not a good device - on my second unit (first one rebooted hourly) and out of 3 firmware updates since January, 2 have wiped the phone so I needed to resetup, redelete all the crapware that comes bundled, and reload some app data. Very frustrated I didn't just get an iPhone 5, S3 or wait for the S4.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
You can't really compare the HTC One to the Galaxy S4 in the United States because you can't get the HTC One from Verizon. Even if the HTC One was a holographic phone, it wouldn't be worth it. Verizon's 3G and 4G speed and coverage area just destroys all other carriers combined in the US, including AT&T, which sucks because Verizon is evil. Thank Verizon and AT&T for their lobbying effort that resulted in it being illegal now to unlock your phone.
As for Canada... Aren't you guys still using cans with string?

alex davies

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Well, we did finally upgrade to telegraph up in the land of ice and snow...

Thankfully in Canada our choices aren't as restricted as the US - both the HTC One and GS4 are available on all three major carriers (Bell, Rogers, Telus) & their sub-brands, and they all have great 4G coverage across the country in most urban areas.

Also all the Canadian GS4's are bootloader unlocked, so you can easily install CM10.1, or the official 'stock' ROM from the Nexus GS4 when it comes out in June.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010

I personally love my Z10. And I've played with the Q10 getting it once it's released in the states. And before you say I'm a fan boy , I'm actually coming from an iPhone. I think BB10 gestures based OS is the best out there. After playing with HTC one, Galaxy S4 as well. It seems a little antiquated by comparison as does iOS. In terms of apps no comparison as of yet. I can say BBerry certainly got it right with BB10. And hands down best touch keyboard out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS