A Recap And Trailers: The 2017 PlayStation Experience Keynote

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiggeLund

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I don't get it. They have all the oportunity in the world to smash the barricades with VR right now. Sales are dipping because of lack of attention. Is Sony going to repeat the mistake they did with cellphones? XBox is far behind, why won't Sony kick ass and establish themselves as the only innovators?

cwolf78

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
"I don't get it"

PSVR just released. And to its credit, it launched with far more launch titles than I thought it would. How long did the PS4 itself take to get a good number of titles post-launch? I think they'll be fine. The customer-base of PSVR is still very, very small so I don't blame them for focusing on PS4 releases. I'm sure we'll see more of a mix at the next show. (Plus I'm sure they're tied up with salvaging the hot mess that is the PS4 Pro as it underperforms the standard PS4 in many titles.)

angel1000f

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
Well there aren't many titles right now for VR, but I feel that there will be a major rise in titles over the next year for VR. They have so many ways that they could go with this and I feel that they should while they are ahead of Xbox. They need to show dominance to be considered better than the rest. They need to innovate before Xbox does to show that they are ahead of the "game" (pun intended). I think that them not showcasing the VR now is going to give them a small set back but they could build on this and make it better than Xbox ever could.

Status
Not open for further replies.