Question A required CD/DVD driver could not be found

Apr 6, 2019
I have just built a system using the Asus Prime B250M. I'm trying to install Windows 7 from a USB drive but it's giving me an error message:
"A required CD/DVD driver could not be found".
I tried unplugging and re-plugging the USB drive.

D

Deleted member 14196

Please post your system specs. This may be a case where you were trying to install Windows 7 to a CPU that does not support it and if so the USB will not work

D

Deleted member 14196

Yeah I don’t think that new processor supports windows seven I’ll have to check. OK I checked it looks like your processor should support Windows 7 so how did you make the USB install flash?

D

Deleted member 14196

The iso should come from Microsoft so that’s probably your problem I don’t even know what you’re downloading. I doubt that download is even legal And it’s obviously missing drivers so it’s not the Microsoft iso

D

Deleted member 14196

So it’s confirmed what you’re trying to do is not legal. And I don’t believe that supported on these forums you’re going to need a key

Apr 6, 2019
So it’s confirmed what you’re trying to do is not legal. And I don’t believe that supported on these forums you’re going to need a key
I am trying to install a legal copy of Windows 7 on my new PC build
Perhaps that's not possible?

D

Deleted member 14196

Not without a key it’s not possible unless you’re going to use a hacked copy of win 7

You can install and use windows 10 for free as long as you want, you just won’t be able to set your windows wallpaper and you may get a nag once in a while, but you can use it free until you could afford a license.

Otherwise you would need the Windows 7 dvd that came with your PC Or a purchased copy. MSDN members can also get the keys for free in fact you get many keys but MSDN is very expensive

Apr 6, 2019
Ok, that would give me a chance to try it out. If it works out, I will buy the key.
Maybe it's time to move on - but I am loath to let go of Windows 7.

tmccar said : "but I am loath to let go of Windows 7"

So was I, but after a week of using Windows 10 I have never wanted to go back to 7.
In it's early days Windows 10 was widely unpopular (mainly because of it's radical new tiled desktop) but Microsoft has addressed that issue with updates to the GUI and other fixes.
It's desktop is now just like the Win7 desktop that most users prefer.