[SOLVED] A second opinion

Jan 25, 2022
I went back to radio shack where i purchased some brand new earbuds and asked them about their performance while using them at a public terminal pc and told them about the audio issues im having and they told me that the problem is the public pc terminals because they might have viruses, malware, spyware, ect... they tried the earbuds on a new smartphone and they were working just fine and i told them that i had done the same on a new smartphone i have again with no issues. The went on to say that if it did in fact have a manufacturing then the audio issues would have been the same on the smartphones too! Should i get a second opinion from someone else regarding this matter? Did the radioshack people troubleshoot the problem accordingly and appropriately in this case?

Solution
The headphone jack on the public computer is probably messed up. How many people do you think actually take the time to carefully plug in and remove their headphones from the port. Its a public computer so they probably jam it in and then grab the cord and rip it out when their done.

kanewolf

Titan
Because every now and then i have to move the power cord so as to receive audio in both ears.... Im confused here... Are the earbuds the issue or the public pc?
It is the public PC, IMO. There are hundreds of users that plug in headphones and then accidentally rip them out at an angle, or in some other way lever the socket. Your headphones don't always make connection with the bent sections of the socket.

The headphone jack on the public computer is probably messed up. How many people do you think actually take the time to carefully plug in and remove their headphones from the port. Its a public computer so they probably jam it in and then grab the cord and rip it out when their done.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS