Question A slight click noise that occurs whenever I turn the PC off.

Aug 8, 2019
So I just built my new system a couple of weeks ago, and I noticed that there is a very slight click singular noise that occurs (almost like a raindrop hitting metal) randomly at times. It occurs very rarely, but I noticed that it always makes one click right before the PC shuts off.

I can't figure out where exactly the sound is coming from, but it seems to be coming from somewhere in the area of the motherboard. But it's soo faint that it's hard to pinpoint.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

SPECS:
b450 tomahawk
ryzen 3600x
msi Ventus 2060 super
H500 case
16g of 3200 RAM

So I just built my new system a couple of weeks ago, and I noticed that there is a very slight click singular noise that occurs (almost like a raindrop hitting metal) randomly at times. It occurs very rarely, but I noticed that it always makes one click right before the PC shuts off.
My PSU has an internal relay that unlatches when power removes and I hear a soft 'click' at shut down. I don't have any spinners, only M.2 drives, so it absolutely can't be heads retracting.

The PSU is immediately beneath the mobo in my case but identifying a sound source inside a case can be difficult as it bounces off of hard surfaces. It can sound like it's coming from the front, around the AIO radiator fans, if I'm in the right position when it shuts down, for instance.

Aug 8, 2019
My PSU has an internal relay that unlatches when power removes and I hear a soft 'click' at shut down. I don't have any spinners, only M.2 drives, so it absolutely can't be heads retracting.

The PSU is immediately beneath the mobo in my case but identifying a sound source inside a case can be difficult as it bounces off of hard surfaces. It can sound like it's coming from the front, around the AIO radiator fans, if I'm in the right position when it shuts down, for instance.

The power supply I have is a G3 EVGA 650 watt Gold 80+.

But I guess what you are saying is that it isn't something to worry about?