A Sneak Peek at the New Asus Rampage IV Extreme (X79)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]wiinippongamer[/nom]Never get the point of expensive mobo's, it's not your system is going to perform better, and you may only be able to overclock 100-200mhz more than on any other decent mobo.[/citation]

You do see performance increases from better chipsets. They have more bandwidth available. If you pop a cpu and ram into a $65 mobo, then put it in a $200 mobo, you'll see a huge performance increase. Then there's the features, ports, connectors etc.

lp231

Splendid
Seriously why a fan? These fans don't last long and in a few months time they gather lots of dust, creates rattling noise, then break down.
Should be passive cool and if I need to cool it off, my case has plenty of fans that can do the job.

[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]You do see performance increases from better chipsets. They have more bandwidth available. If you pop a cpu and ram into a $65 mobo, then put it in a $200 mobo, you'll see a huge performance increase. Then there's the features, ports, connectors etc.[/citation]

I have to agree here. I have the Z68 ROG and its feature-packed with all types of options to tweak any and all voltages, better voltage regulation, more stable delivery of power... on and on and on....

Status
Not open for further replies.