A Theme did me in! Help!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

My daughter recently wanted her desktop theme changed. We found one she
liked and then installed it. All was fine on her desktop.... but!

The problem is that now the XP Start-up and Shutdown screens and sounds
have been changed, and when I first turn on the PC I get a message asking if
I want to run Windows XP or restore a previous version of XP. I would like
to go back to the original Start-up and Shutdown screens/sounds and get rid
of this message screen.

This is XP SP2 home edition.

Any and all help greatly appreciated..... Paul

Malke

Paul Simon wrote:

> My daughter recently wanted her desktop theme changed. We found one
> she liked and then installed it. All was fine on her desktop.... but!
>
> The problem is that now the XP Start-up and Shutdown screens and
> sounds
> have been changed, and when I first turn on the PC I get a message
> asking if I want to run Windows XP or restore a previous version of
> XP. I would like to go back to the original Start-up and Shutdown
> screens/sounds and get rid of this message screen.
>
> This is XP SP2 home edition.
>
> Any and all help greatly appreciated..... Paul

What happens if you choose the restore option? I would do a System
Restore to before your daughter installed the them, or try to uninstall
it from Add/Remove Programs.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User