Question A320m s2h bios on a a320m s2h v2. Is it possible?

May 12, 2022
I don't have the motherboard yet. i asked for the seller for its bios version and he showed me a v1 bios from the gigabyte website(refuses to show from the uefi itself), even though it is a v2 board. Speccy shows it's a Gigabyte technology co. ltd. a320m-s2h-cf (am4), do you guys think it's possible to flash a v1 bios to a v2?

If you're talking about the rev number, I would say in theory it should be compatible since spec wise there's nothing different and it was likely just passive component updates or changes that ultimately don't effect the specs that matter. But at the same time I'm a little cautious since at least between Rev 1.x and Rev 2.0, their BIOS versions don't line up.

The rev number should be printed on the board. Go with that and ignore what the seller is saying, because they're probably showing you the first hit on Google.

Reactions: PLACERAIDER
May 12, 2022
He showed the bios file from a v1(a320) rev 2.x(i think it's version FB) , he might gotten confused and flashed it to a v2 (b350)board, but is it possible? he also showed me it's working without a problem with a athlon 200ge, with the exception of aida64 cpu usage not matched with task manager

Last edited:
He showed the bios file from a v1(a320) rev 2.x(i think it's version FB) , he might gotten confused and flashed it to a v2 (b350)board, but is it possible? he also showed me it's working without a problem with a athlon 200ge, with the exception of aida64 cpu usage not matched with task manager
It shouldn't be possible to flash a BIOS from a different board. And even if it happened, it shouldn't boot. Though I think almost every board maker has gotten around to making BIOS update issues a thing of the past in the sense if the current BIOS doesn't work, it has a backup somewhere.

May 12, 2022
I bought the motherboard, inserted an athlon 3000g and the bios version shows it FB which is clearly from the a320m board despite the text on the motherboard shows it's a v2 with b350 chipset wtf

May 12, 2022
Tried flashing the correct v2 bios F54b, but it says something like Bios ID check error. also tried the dos flasher, doesnt work. I kept searching on the internet how to flash the bios, can't find any.