About every 30 seconds my screen goes blank

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Ok, so I have been having this problem that when my pc will display a black screen and sometimes some lines and artifacts very quickly before going to a black screen for a second or to, and then return to what I am doing. Some artifacts and black lines exist without the black screen. It is very random, sometimes I can run perfectly for 1/2 an hour without bugs, but sometimes it will black screen 5 times in 30 seconds. It has black screened at least 15-20 times (no joke) typing this thread alone, but the chance is when I use it tomorrow it will work a lot better. (edit: it is, but still inconsistent.) This happens when idle, web browsing, watching youtube, and gaming. My pc is responsive when the screen is black, I can click on things and type in fields and it seems only my display is killed. Sound also continues to play when the screen is blank, making me think my GPU is to blame. My GPU is running stock speeds as overclocking makes this work. My cpu is stock right now, but when overclocked to 3.7 or 3.8ghz the problem is the same. My ram is at the rated 3200mhz
My system specs are as follows:
MSI B350 Gaming Plus motherboard (newer bios)
AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (was oc to 3.7ghz but now is stock 3.1)
G.skill Ripjaws V 2x4gb 3200mhz ddr4 ram.
PNY Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 2gb edition.
HP s700 SATA SSD with windows on it
Kingston SA400 240gb SATA SSD game drive
NZXT S340 full atx case
corsair cx550m 550watt PSU
Windows 10 PRO 64bit
BenQ 1080p 60hz VA monitor | i thought it was ips until yesterday :(
Any help is GREATLY appreciated. My GPU and cpu idle temps when this happens are around 25-35c. Neither CPU nor GPU usage spikes during these black screens. I cannot afford to change my gpu right now and i don't know if my warranty is valid due to my overclocking.

knickle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Central AC.

Hmm, ok. If you think your A/C is causing the issue it could be a couple of reasons.

a) Voltage Drop. If your A/C is on it's own circuit and you have a good feed to the house, this shouldn't be an issue. If it's an old house with an old fuse panel, then this might be causing some issues. You might need an electrician to check it out. Try plugging a lamp with an Incandescent bulb (LED won't be ideal) into the same socket the PC or Monitor is connected to. Watch the lamp to see if the light dims when the A/C kicks in. If it does, you have a voltage drop issue. The power drop might be causing the PC power supply to go wonky on one of the rails.

b) RF Interference. I can't see this being your problem, but when I worked at the phone company as a tech we had an issue on a particular city block where anytime an electric street car went by, all our customer modems on that block would disconnect. The sparks from the overhead cable was causing RF interference that would knock out service to everyone from our node.