Question About to purchase from CyberPowerPC // Need thoughts on this build?! (RTX 3090)

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
Hi there, I'm about to purchase this system off CyberPowerPC and I do need some thoughts on it's capabilities since I'm getting it with a RTX 3090. Simply want to make sure that everything on this build is good to go for that hungry GPU.
I need opinions on the i9-11900KF , on the MB MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI ATX and on the PSU 850 Watts - GIGABYTE GP-P850GM 80 PLUS GOLD ..

for the PSU , CyberPower has ONLY 2 brands.
This one: 850 Watts - GIGABYTE GP-P850GM 80 PLUS GOLD that I chose and the other is Enermax Revolution D.F. series 850Watts 80 Plus Gold .. I ONLY have those 2 options, can you help me pick between them?

Full Specs:
  • CASE: DEEPCOOL MATREXX 55 RGB Mid Tower ATX Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Front and Side
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-11900KF 8/16 3.50GHz [Turbo 5.1GHz] 16MB Cache LGA1200 [w/o Integrated Graphic]
  • CASES_FANS: 6X 120mm APEVIA 120mm Addressable RGB 1200RPM Fans w/ Hub + Remote Controller [+49]
  • COOLING: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 360EX ARGB 360mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+40] (3 x Standard 120MM Fans)
  • SSD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM HDD [+0]
  • HDD: 1TB GIGABYTE AORUS (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 5000/4400 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 750/700k [-47] (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: CORSAIR 16(x2) - 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE RGB MEMORY
  • MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI ATX, ARGB, WIFI 6, 2.5GbE LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 3x M.2 SATA/PCIe [+165]
  • POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - GIGABYTE GP-P850GM 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active Power Supply [+16]
  • GPU: GeForce RTX™ 3090 24GB GDDR6X (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi there, I'm about to purchase this system off CyberPowerPC and I do need some thoughts on it's capabilities since I'm getting it with a RTX 3090. Simply want to make sure that everything on this build is good to go for that hungry GPU.
I need opinions on the i9-11900KF , on the MB MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI ATX and on the PSU 850 Watts - GIGABYTE GP-P850GM 80 PLUS GOLD ..

for the PSU , CyberPower has ONLY 2 brands.
This one: 850 Watts - GIGABYTE GP-P850GM 80 PLUS GOLD that I chose and the other is Enermax Revolution D.F. series 850Watts 80 Plus Gold .. I ONLY have those 2 options, can you help me pick between them?

Full Specs:
  • CASE: DEEPCOOL MATREXX 55 RGB Mid Tower ATX Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Front and Side
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-11900KF 8/16 3.50GHz [Turbo 5.1GHz] 16MB Cache LGA1200 [w/o Integrated Graphic]
  • CASES_FANS: 6X 120mm APEVIA 120mm Addressable RGB 1200RPM Fans w/ Hub + Remote Controller [+49]
  • COOLING: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 360EX ARGB 360mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+40] (3 x Standard 120MM Fans)
  • SSD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM HDD [+0]
  • HDD: 1TB GIGABYTE AORUS (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 5000/4400 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 750/700k [-47] (Single Drive)
  • MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI ATX, ARGB, WIFI 6, 2.5GbE LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 3x M.2 SATA/PCIe [+165]
  • POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - GIGABYTE GP-P850GM 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active Power Supply [+16]
More power supply 1K watts.

The 750 watt model blew up during testing the protections.
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/gigabyte-gp-p750gm-750-w/12.html

Last edited:

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
Do not buy Cyberpower. Their failures are well documented here. If you don't want to build it yourself, there's plenty of other routes you can take. But really, avoid Cyberpower like the plague.
I have been using cyberpower for years mate, no problems :) .. especially on a $4000 PC , they get it done right. Sorry u had a bad experience with them. Also, plz feel free to tell me the other routes, I’m not buying a prebuilt one. Picking all the components my self for building. And if not cyberpower what do u think of iBuyPower??

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have been using cyberpower for years mate, no problems :) .. especially on a $4000 PC , they get it done right. Sorry u had a bad experience with them. Also, plz feel free to tell me the other routes, I’m not buying a prebuilt one. Picking all the components my self for building. And if not cyberpower what do u think of iBuyPower??
Actually the more I look at it the worse it looks.

Rad will only fit in the front of the case and has a glass front, I would not use that GB power supply at all their cheap for a reason, paying a bunch extra for the memory, cheap crappy fans, RTX 3080ti is a much better buy, and the 11700K is about the same processor just 0.2 or so lower boost speed.

EDIT and yes their a ton of horror stories about Cyberjunk and Ibuyjunk.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
If you must use a prebuilt -- and by definition what you get from Cyberpower is a prebuilt -- then go down to a 3080 Ti to make up the difference to have one of the better boutique builders make it, such as Falcon NW or Main Gear. Cyberpower is known for sloppiness.

g-unit1111

Titan

They're basically the same company. I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. I have been building my own systems since 2007 and haven't had a single problem with any of them.

But it's not just me, we have hundreds of cases of complaints against Cyberpower documented. The company that used to occupy the other half of the building where I work was an affiliate that built systems for Cyberpower and they treat their systems and components like trash. I was horrified at some of the things i saw when they were there. And I can't tell you how many times I found broken glass in the parking lot.

If you really want a better pre-built, go with someone like Origin or Maingear, they have way better systems than what you could buy from Cyberpower.

Last edited:
Reactions: logainofhades

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
Oof, just looked at the case, a dirt-cheap hotbox. Might as well run a nice pork shoulder in your case instead of the GPU. Far better to get something with actual airflow.
Oof, just looked at the case, a dirt-cheap hotbox. Might as well run a nice pork shoulder in your case instead of the GPU. Far better to get something with actual airflow.
Agreed, changed it over to corsair icue 4000x and PC purchased :) ..

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
Actually the more I look at it the worse it looks.

Rad will only fit in the front of the case and has a glass front, I would not use that GB power supply at all their cheap for a reason, paying a bunch extra for the memory, cheap crappy fans, RTX 3080ti is a much better buy, and the 11700K is about the same processor just 0.2 or so lower boost speed.

EDIT and yes their a ton of horror stories about Cyberjunk and Ibuyjunk.
  1. I did want the RAD to on the front ..
  2. I did get the Gigabyte p1000gm 1000w 80 Plus ,, I'm sure it will do fine🤞 , it it blows up I'll come back and let you know for you, I swear :) lol
  3. First of all the Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO are solid ... Aint much bunch of extra money at all especially for the fans !! Please see this for the RAM View: https://imgur.com/tgtzCdu
  4. Be a shame for a build like this without the 3090 🆒
  5. Not going for the 11700K .. because I do want the 0.2 increase in boost speed (for same price)

Thanx for your input thou, PC purchased. Like I said thou, if it does blow up, I swear, U'll be the first to know.

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
They're basically the same company. I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. I have been building my own systems since 2007 and haven't had a single problem with any of them.

But it's not just me, we have hundreds of cases of complaints against Cyberpower documented. The company that used to occupy the other half of the building where I work was an affiliate that built systems for Cyberpower and they treat their systems and components like trash. I was horrified at some of the things i saw when they were there. And I can't tell you how many times I found broken glass in the parking lot.

If you really want a better pre-built, go with someone like Origin or Maingear, they have way better systems than what you could buy from Cyberpower.
Woow, horryfying story mate!! .. Purchased from CyberPower .. lol .. You have building PC since 2007 ,, I have been buying off them since 2007 and everytime I just get a better PC than the one I got before it :) thanx for your input.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
  1. I did want the RAD to on the front ..
  2. I did get the Gigabyte p1000gm 1000w 80 Plus ,, I'm sure it will do fine🤞 , it it blows up I'll come back and let you know for you, I swear :) lol
  3. First of all the Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO are solid ... Aint much bunch of extra money at all especially for the fans !! Please see this for the RAM View: https://imgur.com/tgtzCdu
  4. Be a shame for a build like this without the 3090 🆒
  5. Not going for the 11700K .. because I do want the 0.2 increase in boost speed (for same price)
Thanx for your input thou, PC purchased. Like I said thou, if it does blow up, I swear, U'll be the first to know.
I hope you don't have cooling issues.
That a power hungry video and your going to be putting the heat from the CPU into it.

I'm sure cyberpower will not run a stress test to check that.

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
I'll tell you what you all ,, here are the edited specs of the PC I purchased today of Cyberpower .. when I get it, I'll do an unboxing and keep you all posted :) thanx..

Specs:
  • CASE: CORSAIR ICUE 4000X RGB TEMPERED GLASS MID-TOWER ATX CASE BLACK
  • CASES_FANS: 6X 120mm Phanteks SK120 Digital RGB PWM FAN - high airflow nine-blade 500-1500 RPM Radiator Fans
  • COOLING: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 360EX ARGB 360mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (3 x Standard 120MM Fans)
  • SSD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM HDD
  • HDD: 1TB GIGABYTE AORUS (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 5000/4400 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 750/700k (Single Drive)
  • MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI ATX, ARGB, WIFI 6, 2.5GbE LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 3x M.2 SATA/PCIe
  • POWERSUPPLY: GIGABYTE GP-P1000GM 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD FULLY MODULAR POWER SUPPLY

Last edited:

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
I hope you don't have cooling issues.
That a power hungry video and your going to be putting the heat from the CPU into it.

I'm sure cyberpower will not run a stress test to check that.

I have stressted every single PC I got from them myself when recieved .. never had an issue.. I'm tell you bro 4 COMPUTERS from CyberPower .. Not a bad one! See the updated specs I just posted if interested :) thanx again

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have stressted every single PC I got from them myself when recieved .. never had an issue.. I'm tell you bro 4 COMPUTERS from CyberPower .. Not a bad one! See the updated specs I just posted if interested :) thanx again
Just my observation from that PC, poor case airflow, rad dumping what heat it can from the rad into the PC very power hungry GPU.

I hope you have good luck with it I could be wrong but have had to fix a bunch of cyberjunk PC's that were delivered very bad.

Again not a power supply I would use in my PC but at least you did up it to 1K watts.

Nothing personal I have just seen a bunch of crap they put out and hope you get a good one!

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
For the RTX 3090 // which between those 2 to pick?
has to be between these two. Please do not suggest to go find another.
Also don't talk to me about the Gigabyte GP-P750/850 GM ... The one I'm asking about the the 1000w

Enermax Revolution D.F. series 850Watts 80 Plus Gold Full-Modular w/ Twister Bearing Fan Power Supply

OR

1000 Watts - GIGABYTE GP-P1000GM 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active Power Supply

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
Also don't talk to me about the Gigabyte GP-P750/850 GM ... The one I'm asking about the the 1000w

Enermax Revolution D.F. series 850Watts 80 Plus Gold Full-Modular w/ Twister Bearing Fan Power Supply

OR

1000 Watts - GIGABYTE GP-P1000GM 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active Power Supply

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

OR

I thought you bought that Monday.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...on-this-build-rtx-3090.3706937/#post-22344658