Question Accidentally pressed bios flash button on my ASUS G35CG and now my monitor won't connect upon startup

Jul 17, 2024
Earlier today I accidentally pressed the bios flash button on the back of my desktop, and now when my computer boots up there's no signal from my monitor despite it working perfectly before. I've tried clearing the cmos/bios, restarting my computer several times (with and without inputs plugged in) and I even took out the cmos/bios battery and put it back in (as recommended online) but nothing has worked. Last time this happened my monitor randomly started to work again but this time nothing is working at all. Do I maybe just leave it on for a while and see if it eventually works? Please help

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When clearing the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and outlet, remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power, replace the CMOS battery after 30mins.

If that still doesn't work, take a look at this reddit and a few posts down, you should see a link to the BIOS ROM for the board in your prebuilt, use that to go through the BIOS Flashback process.

See if that helps.

Jul 17, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When clearing the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and outlet, remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power, replace the CMOS battery after 30mins.

If that still doesn't work, take a look at this reddit and a few posts down, you should see a link to the BIOS ROM for the board in your prebuilt, use that to go through the BIOS Flashback process.

See if that helps.
Thanks for the tips and quick response. I also just tried to use a flash drive with an updated bios in it to boot up my computer (as shown in the link you sent) but my bios flash button won't light up so I can't tell if it's actually updating from my usb stick or not. I might just have to bring it to geek squad or something, this is crazy.