Question Accidentally ripped off a capacitor on RTX 2070 Super ?

EMPYRIUM

Honorable
Oct 7, 2015
Hello everyone!

The other day I was cleaning my graphics card, during which I realized I have accidently managed to rip off one of the capacitors as well. After contacting the manufacturer, I was able to identify the exact model number of the Capacitor.
However, I can't find it anywhere online to buy it. So I was wondering:

1. Does anyone know any online-shop in Europe that I can get this part from?
  2. Can I get this part also from other manufactureres? If yes, what set of infos should I pay attention to?
  3. In case I can't get the part, would I be able to run the graphics card without it? I have not tried to turn it on yet though.
Following pics are of the PCB and the cap part number that the manufacturer has given me .

PCB
Part number

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

The other day I was cleaning my graphics card, during which I realized I have accidently managed to rip off one of the capacitors as well. After contacting the manufacturer, I was able to identify the exact model number of the Capacitor.
However, I can't find it anywhere online to buy it. So I was wondering:

1. Does anyone know any online-shop in Europe that I can get this part from?
  2. Can I get this part also from other manufactureres? If yes, what set of infos should I pay attention to?
  3. In case I can't get the part, would I be able to run the graphics card without it? I have not tried to turn it on yet though.
Following pics are of the PCB and the cap part number that the manufacturer has given me .

PCB
Part number

Thanks!
Part number isn't working. Try searching here: https://www.digikey.com/en/products

EMPYRIUM

Honorable
Oct 7, 2015
since you've already contacted the card manufacture why dont you open up an RMA with them and send it in for them to fix. They may find some other parts that are loose and fix them as well.
Well, I asked them to do so, but they told me since it's already been disassembled by me, all they can do is provide me this info.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
since you've already contacted the card manufacture why dont you open up an RMA with them and send it in for them to fix. They may find some other parts that are loose and fix them as well.
This is a valid point. If that cap came off while cleaning might mean the soldering was not that good on some of the SMD for some reason (unlikely) or excessive heat might have made other parts loose (more likely).

I'm not sure soledering a capacitor of same sepcs or similar capacity by user or repair person would fix that. I mean it might work but there's no guarantee it'll work properly and for how long.

EMPYRIUM

Honorable
Oct 7, 2015
This is a valid point. If that cap came off while cleaning might mean the soldering was not that good on some of the SMD for some reason (unlikely) or excessive heat might have made other parts loose (more likely).

I'm not sure soledering a capacitor of same sepcs or similar capacity by user or repair person would fix that. I mean it might work but there's no guarantee it'll work properly and for how long.
Thanks for the tip, it looks like my only options is to get the original part from digikey!